Not the reaction I was expecting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I followed a car through town as a crisp packet was thrown from the driver's window.

Caught up with the same car at traffic lights and the passenger threw a can from his side window.

Enough is enough, I can't stand roadies littering let alone motorists so I gave them a piece of my mind.

The passenger began to abuse me, which is what I was expecting, but the driver shut him up and made effusive apologies.

Did my remarks instantly persuade him of the error of his ways?

I doubt it, more likely he was carrying drugs or recently shoplifted goods and didn't want any further inspection.

Scum, the lot of them.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I heard once of a little old lady who, on seeing a cig packet ejected from the window of a car, picked it up and handed it back to the occupant. "S'aright, we don't wannit no more," came the uncouth response. "Neither does Cheltenham," was the stern reply.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I heard once of a little old lady who, on seeing a cig packet ejected from the window of a car, picked it up and handed it back to the occupant. "S'aright, we don't wannit no more," came the uncouth response. "Neither does Cheltenham," was the stern reply.

Reminds me of when Princess Diana died and all the hacks assembled at Tetbury.

"You are not wanted here," a lady of the village told them. "And I speak for the people of Tetbury."

Top Bottom