(Not very) sticky plasters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I try to be careful when doing jobs about the house, but occasionally I slightly wound myself. Today, when re grouting a couple of tiles I cut my finger on a sharp tile edge. Not at all serious but once the job was done I put a plaster on my cleaned, carefully dried finger. It barely stuck at all, despite being a fabric type plaster which I imagined would be more tenacious than the awful plastic ones.
Whatever happened to the old style Elastoplast fabric plasters that stuck on like s**t to a blanket?

tyred

Legendary Member
Were they genuine Elastoplast or something from the pound shop?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I try to be careful when doing jobs about the house, but occasionally I slightly wound myself. Today, when re grouting a couple of tiles I cut my finger on a sharp tile edge. Not at all serious but once the job was done I put a plaster on my cleaned, carefully dried finger. It barely stuck at all, despite being a fabric type plaster which I imagined would be more tenacious than the awful plastic ones.
Whatever happened to the old style Elastoplast fabric plasters that stuck on like s**t to a blanket?
While I agree there are plasters around which don't stick well finding good ones isn't difficult.

Elastoplast are widely available in pharmacies which is where I shop for something like this. Good quality versus potentially cheap, poor supermarket products.

I use a lot of plasters; my fingers shrink in the cold so I have to tape my wedding ring in place. I'm also on blood thinners which means when I bleed it's spectacular so good plasters are important.

I always thought they were intended to stick well to the backside of the plaster as you wrap it around a finger but no so much to the skin itself as so to aid removal, more of an issue when you apply it to a larger limb like a leg where you simply can't wrap it around.

Anyway real cyclists don't use plasters:laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Fabric plasters are still available. The slippy skin coloured ones are sh!te.

Have you tried micropore tape? You can cut it to length.
Yes, I have thank you. It works well until my hands get sweaty inside a winter glove. So micropore is OK when the weather cools but I'm still wearing summer gloves. I switch to Elastoplast or the blue plastic ones in winter.

It's a very real problem. I once lost my wedding ring for several days. Next time I rode my bike after a couple of miles I realised there was something in my shoe, stopped to investigate, it was my ring. Only explanation I have is on the previous ride I got home cold and the ring slipped off as I took off or out my shoes away.

D

Deleted member 26715

It's due to the Snowflake millennial's, little poor darlings don't like to be hurt when you pull the plaster off

Top Bottom