Not warm enough yet to forego the gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NigC

I checked the weather report just before leaving this-morning (5:45ish) and it looked pretty promising. So I thought "no need for the gloves today" ......... oops - 22 minutes later I find it very difficult to find the office door key with numb fingers :laugh:

Note to self: Gloves ARE needed in the mornings!!!

The Eighth Man

I use my winter gloves in the morning, I set off at about 6:30 and use my summer gloves to go home at around 4:00

OP
OP
N

NigC

I have skiing gloves, which have been a godsend over the winter :laugh: Probably should invest in something more sensible for the bike.

OP
OP
N

NigC

jimboalee said:

Guilty :laugh::biggrin:

But strangely, I've stopped wearing gloves for the 90 minute walk. I've noticed that after 20-25 minutes, even when it's really cold, the hands warm up nicely and gloves are totally unnecessary - I arrive with nice warm, non-sweaty hands and don't have any numbness :tongue: Shame the bike ride is 20-25 minutes.

gouldina

But it's lovely today. I had fingerless on but didn't need them for warmth.
Mind you, I didn't leave the house at 5.45.

twozeronine

Ha! I was wearing fingerless gloves even during the winter. :blush: I have fairly good circulation though, so they warm up after about 5 mins of cycling.

Weirdly I found that wearing winter gloves made my hands feel colder! :smile:

potsy

Rambler
Just started wearing my fingerless gloves again this week,and my legs have made an appearance too:ohmy: short sleeved shirt and gilet on top.

Top Bottom