Nothing goes to plan.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
It's longer than that - I can remember the bodyshop I worked at in the early 90s getting a water based mixing scheme installed.

I feel you are correct I had a wb scheme in the early noughties and it had been out a while then. How time flies.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Well the fool with the tools,finished the decorating,and it looks crap. Can still see brush ends. So I went on you tube,and guess what it's my fault. I have not been fast enough,and not kept the edge wet enough. So that is why the brush strokes.Well I think Mrs p had enough so put the room back to normal.it is the worst painting I have ever done.Now when I do the living room later in the year,it is going to be a roller.Looked on you tube for some tips.And found how to roll correctly.

Milzy

Guru
Well today the bedroom should have been finished. But it's not. First of all the filler i used needed an extra coat to block it out. Never mind a better finish, or so i thought. My wall brushes have seen better days, but i thought they would do the job. No for some reason today the brush dragged and rolled some of the paint in places,, maybe it had not dried enough,but the weather has been dry. So i can see the brush strokes on the walls and ceiling in places. Me being me off i went to buy another four inch brush..Got to Homebase and not a four inch brush to be seen. So a three inch has to do. So a day off tomorrow let the paint harden off,,and as soon as the sun gets in to the back about 11-00 ish,off i will go again Fourth coat.It should look good.
Can't find any paint for my garage door. Was thinking grey. Should I buy some rattle can spray paint? If so what brand?

screenman

Legendary Member
Can't find any paint for my garage door. Was thinking grey. Should I buy some rattle can spray paint? If so what brand?

That would a big area to rattle can, I used to teach car spraying and I would certainly not do it, it would end up looking a mess, will take lots of coats and use lots of paint. Exterior gloss and a small roller and brush is the way to go, not forgetting a good prep first.

Hicky

Guru
A loft conversion completed at home with lots of new doorways and skirts to gloss which makes me feel :wacko:
I decided to osmo oil everything. I have to say initially it seemed expensive however it has so much coverage. If possible I don’t think I’ll ever gloss again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom