Nothing works! RIP Geoffrey Bayldon (the Catweazle actor)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Jon Pertwee was Worzel Gummidge

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4798932, member: 259"]Geoffrey Bayldon has died. I know he did loads of stuff and had a very full career, but I absolutely loved watching that magical series Catweazle when I was a kid. It was bonkers, very funny, and he was the best wizard I've ever seen on screen, bar none.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

I still use the words 'electrickery' and 'telling bone'. RIP.

So do I!

[QUOTE 4798932, member: 259"]Geoffrey Bayldon has died. I know he did loads of stuff and had a very full career, but I absolutely loved watching that magical series Catweazle when I was a kid. It was bonkers, very funny, and he was the best wizard I've ever seen on screen, bar none.[/QUOTE]

I fully agree.

I also thought he had died a while back, but he outlived both Robin Davies (Carrot) and Neil McCarthy (Sam).

A few years ago I borrowed both the DVD series from my sister and was transported back to the 70's. Happy days and hours of fun spent watching the programme.

I preferred the first series, although they were both very enjoyable. One scene I remember very well was when Catweazle was offered some cake and instead of taking just a slice, he took the rest. :laugh:

And I always wanted to live in a disused water tower hidden away in the woods somewhere (or a disused railway station - where he lived in the second series).

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
There are several of us at work of a certain age who still laugh at the sayings of Catweazle on a regular basis.
I thought Geoffrey Baldon had left us some time ago.

Top Bottom