Notifications on Wahoo ELEMNT.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Hello all,

Do any of you know how to do this? I have an audax type ride that I may be doing on Friday and I want to flag up control points on the ELEMNT shortly before I get to them, it would also be good if they appeared on the map. I am using RideWithGPS to plan the ride.

Thank you! ^_^

13 rider

Guru
Hi not used it so unsure whether a notification will display . On plan on ridewithgps there is add Poi button

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

Yeah, I think POIs just display on the phone app map, which I will not be using.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
PLan your route on RWGPS.
Save it
Open your saved route to edit
Click on the POI button and pick a place on your route. A blue button appears. Click it and a POI box appears. Enter what you need to enter and save. Save the route again and your points should appear as you ride.

I hope I have got this right.

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

Thanks, @steveindenmark,

That's what I thought, but, according to this page, I think if I need a notification on the device, then I should be using a 'Custom Cue', and exporting as a .tcx.
A. TCX files contain the cuesheet generated when mapping a route using our planner.
B. When you come close to the cuesheet entry, your Edge will beep and an arrow icon will appear on the map. An abbreviated 10 character description of the cue will also appear.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Here’s the definitive answer:

Note the distances of each control. With a little ‘C’ and a little ‘I’ for manned or info next to each distance write this onto a strip of masking tape and stick to your stem. Super light weight too.

1DB6B492-EBB8-4529-B36F-C01D68CBAC46.jpeg

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
PLan your route on RWGPS.
Save it
Open your saved route to edit
Click on the POI button and pick a place on your route. A blue button appears. Click it and a POI box appears. Enter what you need to enter and save. Save the route again and your points should appear as you ride.

I hope I have got this right.

This is better than my jokey thread. If an Audax organiser provides a TCX file, when you upload it from downloads into RWGPS, you can go in and edit any cue you like. One super efficient organiser even types in road hazards etc and these come up on your device to remind you.

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

Here’s the definitive answer:

Note the distances of each control. With a little ‘C’ and a little ‘I’ for manned or info next to each distance write this onto a strip of masking tape and stick to your stem. Super light weight too.

Thanks, I found it at last:

tape.png

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

This is better than my jokey thread. If an Audax organiser provides a TCX file, when you upload it from downloads into RWGPS, you can go in and edit any cue you like. One super efficient organiser even types in road hazards etc and these come up on your device to remind you.
I'm going to try custom cues with a .tcx and I reckon this will do it. Will let you all know.

Last edited:

gelfy666

Über Member
Sorry to hijack your thread.....

I'm looking at possibly getting an Elemnt Bolt, as I've had 3 Garmin's which have been unreliable.

How do find them?

I don't do anything too fancy, so it's basically for recording my rides and uploading to Strava, and occasionally navigation.

Top Bottom