Nottingham 100 mile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sully

Über Member
So after riding the Nottm 100 mile on Sunday and completing A my first ever organised cycle ride / sportive and B my first ever hundred I got to thinking, I'm a usual fella, not great at things not bad at things, du recon I could do it sub 5Hr ? I did Nottm in 5Hr 40 ? I won't lie I felt at times I had to really push myself, first 50 I was averaging 19.5 mph after the whole ride it was 18.4, if so is it just more time spent in the saddle I need ?

DefBref

Über Member

LSAF2011

So after riding the Nottm 100 mile on Sunday and completing A my first ever organised cycle ride / sportive and B my first ever hundred I got to thinking, I'm a usual fella, not great at things not bad at things, du recon I could do it sub 5Hr ? I did Nottm in 5Hr 40 ? I won't lie I felt at times I had to really push myself, first 50 I was averaging 19.5 mph after the whole ride it was 18.4, if so is it just more time spent in the saddle I need ?

Well done, it was a great day, weather,stewards, etc and the horrible pot holed road at Radcliffe/Holme Pierrepont.
But saying that I didn't care, I did the 50m for the 1st time in a time of 3hrs

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
That section was like riding the Roubaix wasn't it, I always have a tender back when ive been in the saddle more that a few Hours so you can imagine it bl**dy killed me cycling across there

LSAF2011

That section was like riding the Roubaix wasn't it, I always have a tender back when ive been in the saddle more that a few Hours so you can imagine it bl**dy killed me cycling across there
100% true, I ride over it quite often, so I've got used to picking the smoothest line, but it still doesn't get any better, lol

Top Bottom