Novice Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CymruPaul

Sorry to ask but I am a little confused by conflicting information. I live in rural Wales so buying stuff on the internet is great for me but as a newbie I am not sure of what size bib shorts and top to buy.

I am 6ft 2 with a 28/30 inch waist and a 33/34 leg so being tall but slight, i am not the usual shape. I am usually a small/medium top in normal clothes but this is my first attempt at cycling gear and buying online hampers the ability to try stuff on.

Any and all help gratefully received

P

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You may need large if geting bibs - the body won't be long enough

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Sorry to ask but I am a little confused by conflicting information. I live in rural Wales so buying stuff on the internet is great for me but as a newbie I am not sure of what size bib shorts and top to buy.

I am 6ft 2 with a 28/30 inch waist and a 33/34 leg so being tall but slight, i am not the usual shape. I am usually a small/medium top in normal clothes but this is my first attempt at cycling gear and buying online hampers the ability to try stuff on.

P

I think it is just pot luck buying clothes over the webby thing.

I have the same problem with all my outdoor climbing/hiking kit as well as cycling kit.

Once I get used to a brands sizing I stick with it eg I get through 2 pairs of hiking boots a year and know that if I buy Salomon in my size they will always fit irrespective of which specific model I get. That way I know I can always order safely online.

You might find that you are a normal athletic shape which is what us 'stockier' types think all sports clothing is designed for ie the tall and lean and may therefore be ok using a brands sizing chart. I use the damn things and they often don't work for me.

Good luck!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

P
were do you live cymrupaul??

Top Bottom