Novice upgrade from 2016 Carrera Zelo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
If there's a Decathlon near to you could be worth having a look at the Triban bikes, but to be fair anything will be better than the Zelos, it's a starter bike and quite heavy, unfortunately it's not worth spending on upgrades on it as the 7 speed Tourney is a freewheel rather than a cassette,so it would need new wheels, groupset, and the steel fork is very heavy, but expensive to replace with a carbon item, it'll be cheaper to sell it while prices are through the roof and put the money to a better spec bike.
Unfortunately, like most bikes, the Tribans are all but sold out and the shops stripped!

DSK

I'd personally not spend a penny upgrading a Carerra.

You should be able to get a used Giant Defy / Specialized Allez / Trek Aluminium / Cannondale CAAD for your money on the second hand market currently. Then clean the Carerra and sell it. Having a nice bike to ride will help you increase the mileage.

OP
OP
J

JoeTbaker

I'd personally not spend a penny upgrading a Carerra.

You should be able to get a used Giant Defy / Specialized Allez / Trek Aluminium / Cannondale CAAD for your money on the second hand market currently. Then clean the Carerra and sell it. Having a nice bike to ride will help you increase the mileage.

I will look into that, thank you. Slowly building up my mileage now, did a 15 mile route (we’ve all got to start somewhere haha) on Saturday which I really enjoyed

Cheers all!

Top Bottom