NOW SOLD Koga Miyata World Traveller 54cm medium. Perfect tourer for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
NOW SOLD

Ready to ride the world?

Sadly due to health the time has come to rationalise my bike fleet and part company with my Koga Miyata World Traveller touring bike. 54cm medium size. I am 5'8 so at a guess 5'6 to 5'11. 2008 model. These are the Land Rover of the touring world and someone here has done 200,000km on one - I estimate mine has done 13,000 km.

Full set of pics here.

1682360224061.jpeg
Has been across France/Europe several times, across the USA, most of LEJOG and to NZ. Only used for touring so look here at my blogs and you will find all about it (starting 2008 up to about 2018/19). Last used summer 2019 and stored in a dry cool garage since then.

Shimano XT, excellent condition chain and cassette. 3 x 9 with huge range of gears to winch you up a cliff face. Spare mech hanger and a chainlink or two

Wheels new in 2018 hand-built from Spa Cycles. Spare spokes. Rock solid. Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres 26 x 1.75 virtually brand new. Spare tubes

Full mudguards

Front and rear Tubus racks. Front currently unfitted as I rarely used it. Two rear panniers and a dry bag got me across the USA

Front and rear kickstands. Rear surprisingly useful, front surprisingly useless

Rear lock which is great for touring when you stop at a shop and just want to stop people pedalling away

Three bottle cages. Mount point under top tube for another cage or a pump

Charge Spoon saddle fitted (I used a Brooks) and some pedals from my spares box

Overall condition is full working order with gears and brakes all fully functional. Ready to ride to the other side of the country/Europe/the world. Some of the bolts are slightly rusted, and the aluminium frame has multiple blooms of oxidisation (see pics). Purely cosmetic and not in any way a problem. The bars of the rear rack have rubbed down the paint in places from the pannier hooks. No significant scratches, and no dents or damage. Various scuff marks.

An indication of how good this bike in is that in 2019 on LEJOG I had to fetch it to replace my other broken bike for Bristol to Inverness and it was flawless at a couple of hours notice.

I am located in Winchester. Collection only, or I will be happy to drive up to 60 miles to drop off/meet up (no congestion or ULEZ please). Or I can meet you in London West End.

Full set of pics here.

Pricing this has been hard. A much older one sold recently for €1000 and a similar one is on sale as we speak for £1000. I am asking £825 but open to slight offers but no comedy car showroom stunts please.

If you are into touring, or wanting to start this is the ideal bike. Happy to share my experience of how to make it a success.

Get in touch!

Last edited:
OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Supposedly sold.. Will update when actually paid

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
I’m so sorry! End of an era.

And also the start of a new chapter!

@Cathryn i still have my "new" tourer but looking at a total fleet review and buying one bike to do winter road, touring and occasional off road. so for sale will be

Vitus road bike ( already replaced with a Cube) - possible buyer lined up
Whyte MTB - replace with "do it all' possible buyer lined up
Ridgeback tourer - replace with "do it all' - will keep till July as lending to a friend
Winter Ribble road bike - replace with "do it all' - not yet done anything
Koga Miyata - SOLD

That will leave me with new Cube road bike, "do it all" bike and Brompton. quite a big reduction! also have a small frame Fondriest road bike belonging to my ex wife that i might be selling for her

Top Bottom