Now SOLD -Viking Safari Folding Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
This is my Viking Safari 20" wheel aluminium folding bike. A jaunty looking bike in light/dark green with safari pattern paintwork and contrasting polished alloy components and silver mudguards. Like most 20" wheel bikes it provides a compromise between smallness of folding and ride quality.
This bike folds small enough to fit easily in our car together with my wife's folder.
Safari 8.jpg

Safari 9.jpg
It gives a comfortable ride, possibly due to the longish wheelbase of 42", and gives room to stretch out. Most folders that I have looked at seem pretty compact which might be a problem for taller people. This one would fit a wide range of riders. I am 5' 6" and it doesn't feel cramped. I have used it to travel to work and back (around 4 miles each way), various leisure rides including a 25 mile ride (could have gone further) and felt fine afterwards. Once you get used to the quick steering response of the 20" wheels the bike has a solid feel. It works well when considered as a small wheeled bike. The fact that it folds is a bonus.
Safari 1.jpg

Safari 2.jpg

Safari 3.jpg

Safari 4.jpg
Features:-
Alloy frame, steel forks. The top frame brace actually makes a good carrying handle -I have put a handlebar grip on it. I have also put rubber buffers on the rear of the frame to avoid contact with the fork when folded.

7 speed Megarange derailleur gears. This gives 6 close ratio gears and a super low bottom gear.
Chainwheel: 46T with chainwheel chainguard. Rear block: 13-34T. Newish Shimano gold/black chain.
Both pedals fold.
Bottom bracket is a square-taper Thun cartridge unit.
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tourney long cage with Shimano 7 speed rapidfire trigger shifters.
Alloy brake levers, alloy V -brakes.
Mudguards
Rear rack
Side stand

Wheels have silver alloy double walled rims with polished alloy hubs and black spokes.
Front wheel has quick release.
Tyres are 20 X 1.75.

Polished alloy extended seat tube and steering stem. I include the original seat tube so the bike can be used by a shorter rider if they want to be able to put both feet on the ground.
It is on ebay at present for £130 but open to offers
Collection only. Winsford, Cheshire. Any questions, please ask.

Last edited:
I may have missed it but where is collection from please

Top Bottom