Now that was a wet commute home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow, what a commute..
13 miles, in the pouring rain, the taste of sweat mixed with rain water, yuk!
Got absolutely soaked through & filthy, but bizzarely.... I loved it.
And to top it off, as soon as I got home..... The rain stopped

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Beautifully sunny here...

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
It's definitely a lovely night here as Hairy Jock says, but it was raining for my ten miles in to work this morning and I got rather wet. My shorts didn't dry during the day and they were rather soggy and a bit cold until I'd got about a mile into the ride home - but I didn't care !

I was zipping home, past the long queues of traffic, and loving every second of another quick ride home.

It's still light outside now at 10.05, so it's not making me feel like it's bedtime....

ianrauk said:
Wow, what a commute..
13 miles, in the pouring rain, the taste of sweat mixed with rain water, yuk!
Got absolutely soaked through & filthy, but bizzarely.... I loved it.
And to top it off, as soon as I got home..... The rain stopped
Yeah, I got soaked again - it seems every time I swing my leg over the bike - the heavens open. Not good.

Still, I'm glad you got some fun out of it.
xx(

Tynan

Veteran
today wa#as dry, three successive wet rides before that, for the first time in full summer kit, so light ss top, bib shots and summer socks and it was fine, never really got wet

it did make me smile going past people all wrapped up inn waterproofs and jumpers and jeans and the like

cold is the only thing to worry about, water don't kill if you wearing the right stuff

Keith Oates

Janner
You're right Tynan, the cold is not very nice and needs attaention but if it's warm then the skin is a pretty good waterproof covering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom