Now thats a serious amount of fly tipping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wonder if I could dump my mini twin tub there? I mean it's not like anyone would notice it! :unsure:

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Scumbags are the ones that fly tip locally like I see fairly regularly bur that's another level.

D

Deleted member 1258

How'd they manage to dump that much without someone realising whats going on, must have taken weeks or months.

Reactions: C R

gbb

Legendary Member
Walking the dog today (and lately), its becoming clear (some) peoples attitude to refuse is reaching a real low point.
Its 5 days after xmas dY and already i see a tree dumped near rhe bins, rubbish seems to ooze from every park bush, paint cans, odd objects that just get launhed into the greenery, to become all too obvious in winter.
Its everywhere, people cant even be bothered to put it i to their own bins, i have walked my dog every workday morning for the last 25 years picking up rubbish, lately i keep finding carrier bags of carp, just dumped, why ? ...how hard is it to put it in a bin ?

Its truly depressing, ive always known it peaks and troughs, lately, its almost a tsunami. ( this is local neighbourhood laziness, ot flytipping in the normal sense, but every bit as bad)

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Blimey, how long did it take to tip that much rubbish there? Not condoning the fly tipping for a moment but clearly the 'important access road" wasn't used much.
Good point. The vehicle of choice for the "fully accredited waste carriers" is a Transit tipper truck that can carry a shade under 3 tonnes. That mess would require about 130 loads. Even with their enormous experience, it would take more than one night.

I started a very minor thing over the summer

I use Strava to log my rides - hence my phone has GPS activated

soooo - back to the point - when I find some fly tipped stuff I take a couple of photos of it
Android (other phone systems are available) puts the location into the EXIF data on the photo which you can see if you look

Then when I get home I find out which council is responsible for that area and log the fly tip

takes a while to find how each council wants fly tipping logged but once I find out it only takes a few minutes to log the event

imagine if every cyclist/walker on CC logged every fly tip

WE COULD CHANGE THE WORLD

OK - not by much - but

Nibor

Bewildered
i wonder if I could dump my mini twin tub there? I mean it's not like anyone would notice it! :unsure:
Hyndburn council will collect it for free

Sharky

Guru
i wonder if I could dump my mini twin tub there? I mean it's not like anyone would notice it! :unsure:
Anything metal, I just put at the end of our drive and the metal collectors pick it up very quickly. We are fortunate that we live on a busy but country road and we must be on a route that the metal collectors take every day.

I see some fridges etc left in front gardens in the side roads and they are there for ages.

Anything that doesn't get picked up, I load into the back of our zafira and take it to the dump. Only drawback is that you have to book a slot, so you can only do two trips per month.

Good point. The vehicle of choice for the "fully accredited waste carriers" is a Transit tipper truck that can carry a shade under 3 tonnes. That mess would require about 130 loads. Even with their enormous experience, it would take more than one night.
Poor journalism as well. The right thing to do is ask if it is an unused line and if it not the case, they should ask the operators provide a response why the staff did not notice it.

Reactions: C R

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I started a very minor thing over the summer

I use Strava to log my rides - hence my phone has GPS activated

soooo - back to the point - when I find some fly tipped stuff I take a couple of photos of it
Android (other phone systems are available) puts the location into the EXIF data on the photo which you can see if you look

Then when I get home I find out which council is responsible for that area and log the fly tip

takes a while to find how each council wants fly tipping logged but once I find out it only takes a few minutes to log the event

imagine if every cyclist/walker on CC logged every fly tip

WE COULD CHANGE THE WORLD

OK - not by much - but
There's a website and app called FixMy Street which will help you with that. It sends your report to the relevant council. You don't need to work out which one to contact.

Well done for reporting stuff. Councils can only remove it if they know about it.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not noticed it much recently here but the tourists used to put their rubbish in bags neatly tied up and just dump them by the roadside thinking a bin lorry will be along shortly and pick it up. A few weeks could go by before that happened and in the meantime the seagulls had probably found a way into the bag and they definitely do not tidy up.:angry:

Top Bottom