Now that's some serious scalping!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hah..hah... looks terribly boring to cycle round on a 'normal bike' - mildly interesting in a streamliner due to the speed. I did see some kids on there - can't count those scalps :whistle:

TimCosten

Yeah, but you should have seen how many times he crashed trying to start the race itself - he kept the rest of us waiting about 15 minutes, and we ended up with him doing a "flying start", with the rest of us starting as soon as he could be seen on his solo lap.

TimCosten

Hah..hah... looks terribly boring to cycle round on a 'normal bike' - mildly interesting in a streamliner due to the speed. I did see some kids on there - can't count those scalps :whistle:

Actually, the 90 degrees left corner at the bottom of the second downhill bit was more than "mildly interesting" in a faired bike when cornering at 30MPH+ with a crosswind!

DavieB

MIA
Is it really something to boast about overtaking normal bikes on a recumbant? They are banned from most competition as they give the rider (driver)an unfair advantage. Is it not like boasting about overtaking a fiesta in an M5?

No offence meant to recumbant riders.
smile.gif

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
ooo, teef doing vaguely serious

makes a change from just vague

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Actually, the 90 degrees left corner at the bottom of the second downhill bit was more than "mildly interesting" in a faired bike when cornering at 30MPH+ with a crosswind!

Didn't Derek Tweddle go down there? his machine certainly needed a new lick of paint and a hamering by the looks of it at the end.

TimCosten

Didn't Derek Tweddle go down there? his machine certainly needed a new lick of paint and a hamering by the looks of it at the end.

Yes. When I got to the corner on the first lap (slow start as I couldn't get a foot clipped in), he *and* Andrew Sidwell were both lying on the grass there - Andrew had rolled his unfaired bike and Derek was still trapped inside the YellowDonkey. I assumed that Derek had taken Andrew out, but apparently they had managed to crash independently within a couple of seconds of each other. Somehow Derek managed to get going again, but Andrew was too badly hurt to continue.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yes. When I got to the corner on the first lap (slow start as I couldn't get a foot clipped in), he *and* Andrew Sidwell were both lying on the grass there - Andrew had rolled his unfaired bike and Derek was still trapped inside the YellowDonkey. I assumed that Derek had taken Andrew out, but apparently they had managed to crash independently within a couple of seconds of each other. Somehow Derek managed to get going again, but Andrew was too badly hurt to continue.

See, you need to ride a proper bike, they don't roll over.... :thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
See, you need to ride a proper bike, they don't roll over.... :thumbsup:

Mine did, the day I put my foot down on the verge and found it was actually long grass and a foot lower than I expected.... ;) Ended up doing a 180 degree roll and sliding into a ditch upside down. Still on the bike.

Trikes are the answer....

Top Bottom