Now this is Music!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Good point Mr P. I rate Slade partly because they were such fine songsmiths - and your point about Oasis is true. Slade had a much wider and deeper influence than is recognised.

Not bad for Black COuntry boys - an area not reknowned for its artistic excellence. :biggrin:

abchandler

alecstilleyedye said:
i once met noddy holder when i was working on the till in a supermarket. his real name is neville, according to his credit card.

I guess if my name was Noddy Neville I'd change it too;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Rhythm Thief said:
Great clip, arbitrary.:biggrin:

One of my fave Small Faces tracks: All or Nothing
If I could be reincarnated, it'd be as Steve Marriot (OK, he's dead, but you get the point) :tongue:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Small Faces were a great group, up there with The Spencer Davis Group as criminally underrated British RnB bands from that period - I'd have 'Afterglow' and 'Tin Soldier' on my favourites list - but unfortunately as The Faces they did degenerate into a shouty lad's band...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Afterglow, Tin Soldier, Get Yourself Together...great tracks! And Marriot was as cool as standing in mountain stream crunching polo mints.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Big agreement from me on the qualities of Slade!
Saw them twice live, sheer hi-energy magic. Agree with all the others who said they were underrated, most remember the shouty numbers. Tracks like "How does it feel" are superb and Slade in Flame is a beautiful snapshot of time.

People forget how many N0 1's and other top-10 hits they had.

Thanks RT for a cool thread.

Top Bottom