Now we can't cycle at night - even with a helmet!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi to you all out there.This has just got to be the ultimate in protect ones self (the manufacturer)from having the arse sued of them.This machine carries a Health Warning Don't Come Whingeing, You've Been Warned.I presume that at night is meant as being in the dark?.If this catches on think of all of the redundant cycle light manufactures that would have sold their products to sensible law abiding cyclists.The bike appeared to be an off road mountain bike,if it is being used for it's intended style of riding then who the f*c* would want to ride in the dark(not floodlight) off road anyway.It is about as stupid as advising the male cyclists to ride women's style step through frames in case they slip off the pedals whilst climbing and do damage you their various bits of tackle on the crossbar of a regular mens bike.The litigation cases for ruined Rumpy Pumpy would keep the Philadelphia Lawyers laughing all the way to the banks.Happy & Safe Riding to You All.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My mate's Felt wears the same sticker (peculiarly though, my Felt MTB doesn't)

My Felt doesn't either, it just has a sticker saying something along the lines that it is security tagged (I'll actually have to read it again one of these days when I'm bored enough and whilst I hurtle at speed along a heavily potholed, busy road using clipless pedals ...whilst some psycho behind me in a white van tries to make mincemeat out of me).

Mine is a 2007 model though, so could it be a recent thing??

One thing I can tell you for nothing about it though is that there is a big badge on the front proudly proclaiming

'MADE IN TAIWAN'

I've been meaning to get round to applying some black tape over it so that the British bike enthusiasts are all fooled my it!! ....oh wait, then I'd end up fooling myself.:laugh:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I presume that at night is meant as being in the dark?.If this catches on think of all of the redundant cycle light manufactures that would have sold their products to sensible law abiding cyclists.

For some reason, when I read this above it gave me the image of a Monthy Pythonesque scene where cycling at night is strictly forbidden but a few brave souls, forced to go underground, still go out cycling, trying to avoid detection, wearing nothing but their shirts, plus fours and hankerchiefs on their heads

*person with identity sheilded*

Well, I suppose it all started at school, you know, you'd see the pictures in books and magazines and you'd hear people talking and telling stories about it .....then a friend introduced me to it ... I'd be taken to places where I'd be able to see it for myself....then one day a friend asked me if I'd like to try it for real ...well,time passed and I started doing it more and more ...and before I knew it, I was hooked!

...Oh wait, that's the opening to Michael Palin's 'Confessions of a Trainspotter'.

Arch

Married to Night Train
My Catrike has one of those stickers - only it also warns against stunts and competition riding.

Must be recent, if Cunobelin didn't get such a sticker on his Catrike.

We've had other machines into Velo Vision with that sticker, can't remember which... I think one of them also cautioned against riding in the rain.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
+1 for Mongoose

My Amasa Comp has the sticker

If you lived at the Poles it would be practical for part of the year as there's 24 hour daylight

kevcampbell

+1 for Mongoose

My Amasa Comp has the sticker

If you lived at the Poles it would be practical for part of the year as there's 24 hour daylight

mad, what next? remember to always cycle with both hands on the handlebars
laugh.gif

OP
OP
U

ufkacbln

My Catrike has one of those stickers - only it also warns against stunts and competition riding.

Must be recent, if Cunobelin didn't get such a sticker on his Catrike.

We've had other machines into Velo Vision with that sticker, can't remember which... I think one of them also cautioned against riding in the rain.

Mine was CTE023 - the 23rd Catrike Expedition off the kine!

Funnily enough, my updated Expedition CTE 946 didn't have this either

OP
OP
U

ufkacbln

Well, my Dash was pretty new - I didn't know that was how the numbers worked, I'll have to look at mine!

There is a certain "My bike's serial number is lower than yours" to some of the Catrike forums!

To me it is something of a gamble.

I had one of the early Peter Ross Trices, and the machine I ended up with 12 years later after several frame failures and modifications was some what different.

Equally my later Catrike has several frame improvements to the original, and is a smoother ride. However how long do you wait.When the Expedition came out it was exactly what I wanted and served me well. I might have benefitted by waiting for two years, but that is two years of fun I would have missed.

Top Bottom