Now we're cookin'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lochen

Just got back from a 17 mile ride. No issues at all! Hands and wrists were fine, arse cheeks dandy and man part not numb.
It's the farthest I've been on a bike ever, and I did it in 1hr 21 minutes and my moving average speed (I took a 9 minute break after an hour) was 1mph up on my last (14 mile) ride at 12.5mph.

There are those on Strava who do the route in well under an hour!! :eek:

I think I saw one of them as he passed me going twice my speed!! :wacko:

13 rider

Guru
Well done . Don't worry too much about speed yet as fittness comes your speed will also increase but remember not matter how fast you get there will be someone faster than you

Well done. Apart from your set-up being better, you are probably also getting used to moving around your bike in a more effective way. Correct position means your balance is right and there is less pressure in unwanted places.

bikeman66

Just got back from a 17 mile ride. No issues at all! Hands and wrists were fine, arse cheeks dandy and man part not numb.
It's the farthest I've been on a bike ever, and I did it in 1hr 21 minutes and my moving average speed (I took a 9 minute break after an hour) was 1mph up on my last (14 mile) ride at 12.5mph.

There are those on Strava who do the route in well under an hour!! :eek:

I think I saw one of them as he passed me going twice my speed!! :wacko:
Speed is OK if you're training towards a specific goal, and I guess the ability to maintain a higher speed is an indication as to where your fitness is at, but remember to enjoy your surroundings too!

There have been times when I have returned from a ride and thought "how did I get here"?............because I had been working so hard, I'd not really noticed the fantastic scenery I'd ridden through.

I still like to keep moving at a good pace, but I make sure I look around too.

Well done you! :okay:

And in any case, you're still faster than me. :smile: A short plump lady on a bike that looks like it's been stuck in a boil wash is never going to be the speediest of combinations... :laugh:

Oxo

Guru
Well done you! :okay:

And in any case, you're still faster than me. :smile: A short plump lady on a bike that looks like it's been stuck in a boil wash is never going to be the speediest of combinations... :laugh:
Try your combinations on a fast spin.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There have been times when I have returned from a ride and thought "how did I get here"?
Did you also ask yourself
What is that beautiful house?
And you may ask yourself
Where does that highway go?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right?...Am I wrong?
And you may tell yourself
MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?
:laugh:
(source)

bikeman66

Did you also ask yourself
What is that beautiful house?
And you may ask yourself
Where does that highway go?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right?...Am I wrong?
And you may tell yourself
MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?
:laugh:
(source)
Now, thinking about it........... David Byrne would be an interesting bloke to go for a bike ride with!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Now, thinking about it........... David Byrne would be an interesting bloke to go for a bike ride with!
6400958-M.jpg

(more info - author site)

Attachments

• 6400958-M.jpg
    6400958-M.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom