'nuther newbie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CAS_LEDO

Hi all!

Right, I've wanted to get into cycling for some time now, as over the past couple years I've got into worse and worse shape. I'm no beast (Just under 15st and 6"2), but I'm not used to it, and the thought of bettering myself appeals! Also, I'm 18 btw.

There's a few bikes around the house, so I should always have something to ride, of varying quality.. :rolleyes:
I'm just trying to get into it, I want it to become almost routine for me - which is going to take a hell of a lot of commitment from me, as I find giving in just too easy :headshake:

Hence why I've signed up here; I haven't sat on a bike in months, I've never been 'into it', so I am a 100%, full on newbie to cycling. I know a few things, due to it being a large part of my bro's life, but it's going to be a whole new learning curve for me. Hopefully, by keeping active on here talking & conversating with others, my mojo will keep high and I'll be encouraged to get out and ride!

Anyway, thanks for reading, say HI, and I hope this isn't just a fad!

Dan

P.S. Yes, I know I'm not exactly giving myself an easy job by starting in November.. :cold::laugh:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
hello Dan.

:hello:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi Dan and :welcome:.

Okay, maybe starting in November isn't the easiest of times but if you can get out as often as you can you'll be fit enough to properly appreciate the nice weather when it does come round.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on the latest from the "your ride today" thread for a bit of inspiration and if you need to ask questions of any sort there are loads of folk on here who are happy to help.:thumbsup:

Best of luck and let us know how you're getting on.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and a very warm :welcome:.
You can get out and ride anytime. Just make sure you're dressed for the right weather. Simples!
Just pick a bike, get on it and ride. Don't put it off, just do it.
I 'm sure you will enjoy it. Just take it easy at first, do a few short rides and ease yourself into it.
Have fun. That's the main thing.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome Dan and enjoy as much as you can on two wheels. Days like yesterday :rain::cold: are harder to get motivated but anything is better than nothing.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome Dan!
We will encourage you and support you all the way :bicycle:
Have a read in the beginners forum for cycling tips to start you off, by the time spring comes you will consider your first 100 miles!

Top Bottom