Nutrition

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Location
South Wales
I think I have been getting it wrong,tonight I tried a different approach.I had a roast beef dinner at 4.30pm then rode 10 miles to meet up with some cycling friends followed by a further 8 miles to the pub at a gentle chatting as you ride sort of pace. Had one pint of HB bitter chatted for half an hour on a bench outside in the beer garden then left them and headed back on my own .

Really Surprised myself that the bike seemed to fly, I did the 18 miles back at 18.4 average which is the best I have done for that distance ,Its a coast road with lots of ups and downs but no granny ring bits.Elevation of home is slightly higher than the pub so no advantage there and very little wind.

Next time I am having 2 pints and really going for it ;)
 

colinr

Well-Known Member
Location
Norwich
Reckon you should go for a mild next time, high in carbs, should be able to hit the 19 average :biggrin:
 

Globalti

Legendary Member
Not quite the same circumstances but I'm always amazed at how strong I feel after a two week overseas business trip doing zero exercise and eating and drinking too much.
 

tuffty

Senior Member
Location
Cambs
I'm sure I read somewhere that back in the 60s the pros used to have a sneaky brandy before the big climbs in the Tour, as a performance enhancer ... ;)
 

erikwillke

New Member
Location
Piedmont, NC USA
When I was in high school playing Football (American) we would always have a spaghetti dinner the night before a game. The coach would encourage us to gorge ourselves. I always thought it was the carbs we were preloading.
 
OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Location
South Wales
It must be the beef. Chicken dinner tonight didnt produce anythimg like the speed of last week. :-)
 

Crankarm

Guru
Location
Nr Cambridge
It's the beer talking ......... Redbull gives you wings? Obviously you shouldn't drink and cycle. Or could it have been the strong following wind?
Next week a strong headwind?
 
Banjo said:
It must be the beef. Chicken dinner tonight didnt produce anythimg like the speed of last week. :-)

It's the steroids that the farmers put in the cows, steer clear of the free range chickens and go for the cheap one's that are full of chemicals :biggrin:

I would also try a pint of cider at the pub stop

Simon
 

jimboalee

New Member
Location
Solihull
Muddyfox said:
It's the steroids that the farmers put in the cows, steer clear of the free range chickens and go for the cheap one's that are full of chemicals :biggrin:

I would also try a pint of cider at the pub stop

Simon

There was a guy at the gym back in the eighties who injected himself with pig steroids.
Blimey, he was a massive guy, with a cute curly tail :blush:
 
OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Location
South Wales
jimboalee said:
There was a guy at the gym back in the eighties who injected himself with pig steroids.
Blimey, he was a massive guy, with a cute curly tail :tongue:

At least he wasnt a chicken:biggrin:
 
Top Bottom