1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nutritional Paradox

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by domtyler, 13 May 2008.

1. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Last week I had a week off and spend it working all day long in the garden and fitting some new French Doors at the back of the house.

I had a bit of breakfast and a sandwich at lunchtime and that was it, despite the fact that I was doing hard physical work all day, including lifting and carrying a tonne and a half of cement and aggregate three times and then mixing it in a mixer.

Now I am back sitting at a desk doing sod all all day and all I think about is eating and snacking.

Why? :rolleyes:

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

It's boredom. When I have time to think about food I generally end up eating more.

3. walker

walker New Member

exactly whal Mr Paul said

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

It's just so silly though, it really is a complete paradox. Energy requirements go down so input automatically increases! :tongue:

5. walker

walker New Member

maybe the body is trying to make up for the deficite of last week?

6. Maz

Maz Guru

I find that when I am off the bike for any length of time, my body is slow to adjust and still craves the same carb input as when I'm cycling and I end up putting on weight.

7. hubgearfreak

hubgearfreak Über Member

you could try doing some workxx(