O.T. Windows Task Bar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I'm having a small problem with my task bar.
It's the icons next to the clock bottom r/h corner, when I point my mouse to them a little msg. pops up and tells me if they are running ok (wireless IE),
If A/Virus is ok etc. etc.
But at the moment they are popping up behind the task bar :smile: and sadly I don't have x-ray vision !

they are a bit shy Elmer that's all... (got to be joking if you think you are going to get an IT answer from me :smile: ) PS Hope you are doing ok with your 'diet'.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Is this all the time, or just on this current boot. The old reboot will clear a temporary problem, but I've no idea, if this is happens all the time !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's Windows for you.......

Try a registry cleaner like ccleaner or easycleaner- they are really good at getting rid of crap left over from installs.

My pc sometimes forgets the mouse is there (wireless) so a quick reboot does it....

yenrod

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !

Ive found this good because - its a no flash software prog that does the biz ;)

http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php

fossyant said:
That's Windows for you.......

Try a registry cleaner like ccleaner or easycleaner- they are really good at getting rid of crap left over from installs.

My pc sometimes forgets the mouse is there (wireless) so a quick reboot does it....

Pete

Do you have your task bar set on 'auto-hide' (does it only spring up when the mouse hovers over it)?

If not: right-click on any blank part of the taskbar, then click 'properties'. Check 'auto-hide the taskbar'. Click OK. Right click on part of the taskbar again, 'properties' again, now un-check 'auto-hide', OK. This may clear it.

yenrod

Because it aint marketed and the reason it shows as a virus on some aintviral softwares is because its FREE !

fossyant said:
So why is is better ? Enlighten me.... (always up for something good for free.......)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
fossyant said:
Is this all the time, or just on this current boot. The old reboot will clear a temporary problem, but I've no idea, if this is happens all the time !
I had exactly the same problem yesterday, but it seems to have gone away after a good night's sleep! It doesn't really inspire confidence in Windows, when it doesn't behave exactly the same way each time you reboot...

Top Bottom