O2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Has to be one of the worse networks for coverage. I work in Scunthorpe and the mast is forever going down leaving me with no signal!!!

Mile195

Veteran
I get calls dropped all the time on O2, but then I don't pay very much each month. I believe that networks do give priority to people on higher tariffs. I expect this is what you're experiencing, rather than technical problems with the local transmitters.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've been using O2 for years and rarely have any problems, even on a cheapish tariff.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Yup, I'm happy happy with O2. Had Tmobile / EE for years and it was beyond a joke...3 was crappy too...I'm on giffgaff these days and they hijack O2...not too fond of the O2 arena though...too big, cold and annoying to get back from.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm on giffgaff these days and they hijack O2....
They don't 'hijack O2' they are a MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) operating on the O2 network just like Tesco's & many others, which means they do not have their own network or masts but just use the same infrastructure as the company that is hosting them.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I'm not sure if they are Vikings or not, you would to ask their Customer Services maybe there is an option on their IVR 'Press 6 to hear our views on Rape & Pillage'

:rofl:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Jumped from 02 to EE and the difference in call quality and data speed is huge. It does depend however on where you are for coverage but same for all if you go by the replies above.

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
I get calls dropped all the time on O2, but then I don't pay very much each month. I believe that networks do give priority to people on higher tariffs. I expect this is what you're experiencing, rather than technical problems with the local transmitters.

Maybe, although I am paying about £50 a month. Hopefully all will be sorted soon as it's been a long day at work without mobile internet!! :-)

the_mikey

Legendary Member
In general o2 is OK for voice calls, data is variable however, in the centre of Bristol it's common to find the service unusable from 12pm until 2pm, it's like it can't cope with all the lunchtime Facebook updates.. Also there's too many areas where there's no 3g or 4g.

D

Deleted member 26715

in the centre of Bristol it's common to find the service unusable from 12pm until 2pm, it's like it can't cope with all the lunchtime Facebook updates..
That I think is the actual truth, mobile operators & for that matter fixed line operators are still living in the past, they seem to think that a phone is for making calls, whilst ever they have that misguided view we their customers will suffer. Why am I forced to have a phone line at home, I never make phone calls from home, or at least I don't via their PSTN system, I make all my calls via VoIP, what I want is Broadband & no line rental, it's just a Scam I tell you, a Scam.

Top Bottom