Oban parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
morning all

I’m trying my hardest to find long term parking in Oban. If I read it correctly there are 24 maximum stays (probably to deter camper vans). All streets are permit zones and for the life in me I can’t find an option..

I plan to ride a 4 day loop out around Mull up and around Glenfinnan and back around to finish in Oban.

Anyone up there who can advise please?

Cheers

slow scot

Veteran
morning all

I’m trying my hardest to find long term parking in Oban. If I read it correctly there are 24 maximum stays (probably to deter camper vans). All streets are permit zones and for the life in me I can’t find an option..

I plan to ride a 4 day loop out around Mull up and around Glenfinnan and back around to finish in Oban.

Anyone up there who can advise please?

Cheers
It used to be OK to park at the leisure centre. I last used it two years ago on a six day trip and there was no problem.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Park at Connel and cycle/train to Oban?
It's 5.5 miles and looks like a B road alternative to the A85. I haven't cycled either road so no idea about terrain on the B route.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Just found on justpark that parking can be reserved in Oban ... obviously I wasn’t looking hard enough.. I’ll look at the rail parking now.

Thanks for the replies..

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Connel is not easy to park often. Commuters park for the station. The back road avoids the busy A85 and is slightly lumpy but not too bad. Another fatality yesterday on the A85 at Achnacloich bridge.
Hazelbank motors or Stoddart do paid secure parking in Oban. Anywhere without a meter is parked solid.

Top Bottom