Oblivious mobile phone user

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Mr Celine said:
Perhaps it was an MSP. Under the usual one law for them, another for us, MSPs are allowed to read or compose texts whilst driving. See the BBC news site for details.

In all probability Justice of the Peace Harry Terrell is a member of the Tory party, and only hands down sentences to the lower orders...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
arranandy said:
Passed a guy on a bike on the way home tonight and he was on a mobile phone:ohmy: I couldn't believe it, I nearly fell off myself when I turned round to have another look at him. Unb-f**king-levable!! So if that was you cycling along London Road in Glasgow towards Uddingston about 4.30 this afternoon you are a tw@t!!!

You mean like this one in London... and he wants to be mayor...

Tynan

Veteran
I pas a bloke going the other way most evening that rides with both hands in his jacket pockets, sometimes on the phone, sometimes rolling a fag

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Texting whilst driving is now getting incredibly common. I suspect it's because the idiots think that it's only an offence if you drive and TALK on the phone.

Last year, whilst walking to Halfords at Hermiston Gate one lunchtime, I witnessed a woman drive out of the work slip-road, straight across the roundabout and hit the pavement head-on at the other side. She'd never once looked up from the phone she was holding in her lap and texting on. Luckily there wasn't anyone else going round the RAB at the time, and there were no pedestrians on the pavment she mounted.

It's now a disciplinary offence to drive and use a mobile on company property (including the car park and access roads), so they now tend to wait until they're out on the main road before they pick the phone up. :biggrin:

MERV

I did that the other week and he came after me.Funny what happens when the adrenalin kicks in.:angry:

Top Bottom