October tour ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aberdeenian

Looking for ideas for a week long holiday around october time (next year).

Always done 2 week camping tours before, fancy something different this year - someone else carrying the luggage and rides with plenty hills.

Thinking of Corsica maybe? can't seem to fnid any tour operators with the kind of thing I'm looking for - self-guided and around 100km a day.

Alternatively, does anyone have any recommendations for good places to be based in and do day rides from?

Ta

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Majorca is a good place in October. Usually (this year is usual?) the weather is still good. But the island has a good mix of mountains and more rolling, flatter terrrain.

You could easily pick a number of bases around the island that would give you a fantastic assortment of rides out on a daily basis. Pre booking 4 hotels or so would give a good mix. There's loads of info out on the web about Majorca.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
Corsica is a superb destination, infact I would go as far to say it is my favourite, at that time of year it will be the perfect temperature as well, at the bottom of my write up is a link with who I went with, they also do independant or self-guided tours, although I note they do not list Corsica amongst them it may they may well be worth contacting.

I say that as the other independant tours they run offer a variety of alternative routes, Corsica was their first tour there only last year, so I dare say they may not have a sufficient variety of routes and accomodation researched as yet to offer Corsica as an independant tour via their brochure, but I note you only want to do a week and that is exactly what we did and a similar mileage to what you want to do, although the last two days were a little shorter.

Take a look at the route we did and if it appeals I would have thought they would only be to grateful to book you into the same hotels along the same route

Paul Smith
www.bikeplus.co.uk

aberdeenian said:
Looking for ideas for a week long holiday around october time (next year).

Always done 2 week camping tours before, fancy something different this year - someone else carrying the luggage and rides with plenty hills.

Thinking of Corsica maybe? can't seem to fnid any tour operators with the kind of thing I'm looking for - self-guided and around 100km a day.

Alternatively, does anyone have any recommendations for good places to be based in and do day rides from?

Ta

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
How about flying to Basel and cycling down the Rhine bike route back to the Hook of Holland and getting the ferry back? If the weather is OK and you get what the Germans call a Golden October it will be a trip to remember. Plus there's lots of wine to sample on the way.

JC4LAB

I myself have always fancied New England or Canada in the fall but dont know how to arrange it as a bike tour as it looks a massive project..Japan ,surprisingly ,in late October/early november is similar .The sun shining from red maples in a Japansese garden park is one of the best things I have seen in Japan

Top Bottom