Octopus buys Shell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
I just got an email half an hour ago:

1701435169457.png

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Be interesting to see if customer service deteriorates like other firms who have become too big. I was happily with SSE for nearly 30 years but since OVO bought them out it’s been a shambles.

They're saying it might take them a while to switch everything over:

View attachment 715053

Aye I read that after I posted, going to leave the phone call. I was with Octopus ages ago and was happy with them but switched when everything was a lot more switcheable, wasn't able to move back afterwards and ended up with Shell when Pure Planet went under.

Dadam

Wow looks we just got in before the door closed! I jumped ship before the switch so I could split the £100 referral fee with my in-laws who are already on Octopus, as advised by Martin Lewis. I only just got my switch completed email this morning!

dicko

Guru
Damn, we have been with OctopusEnergy for three or four years now realistic prices and super customer service now I can see it all going to pot. Getting too big ‘ain’t good. My son is with Shell energy told me four/five months ago about this buyout.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I didn't even know they could use money!

I'm with shell broadband does that mean I can switch early, my original contract length is finishing in April 2024.

BB is staying with Shell their site says. Hows the service been BTW? They've been sending me offers for a while but because I WFH I've been wary of moving away from BT who have always been good for me.

OP
OP
presta

presta

Guru
I'm with shell broadband does that mean I can switch early, my original contract length is finishing in April 2024.

They say they're honouring all the existing fixed price contracts, so I assume that would include any penalty terms for switching early too.

The email says they've taken over BB too, (see above).

I've got the same email but it's actually on their website FAQs that I got my info from:

11. What does this mean for broadband customers?

If you’re a Shell Energy Broadband customer, nothing changes for now. You’ll stay a Shell Energy customer, your service won’t be interrupted, and we’re still here to support you.

Guess it doesn't matter to me though as I never switched BB to Shell.

Top Bottom