Off the bike for a week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Had my first nasty off, my own fault, took a hairpin too fast in the wet (it had rained earlier) and the bike slid out and I slid for a few feet on my side. Good news is the bikes ok, bad news I got road rash on my backside and some cuts on the knee, and scrapes on face, shoulder and hands.

I wish I had a better idea of what I did wrong so i can avoid it but hard to recall in hindsight. Im thinking i was just going fast down the hill and too the corner too fast. I should have slowed and stayed more upright, Im lucky a car wasnt behind me but its knocked my confidence a bit.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4...4!1s6aevKGVwUheyjTurKYAwMg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You answered you own question.
Too fast in the wet..

Heal up quick and just get back out there on the bike.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Yowch, sounds nasty! Make sure you rest up and take it easy 'til you heal nicely - you'll soon be back out on the bike enjoy the lovely weather :smile: Know what you mean about a fall being a confidence shaker, but keep at it (maybe a little slower than usual if it helps) and it will come back. Thinking about your speed and cornering may even make you a better, safer cyclist in the long run.

Lonestar

Veteran
Had my first nasty off, my own fault, took a hairpin too fast in the wet (it had rained earlier) and the bike slid out and I slid for a few feet on my side. Good news is the bikes ok, bad news I got road rash on my backside and some cuts on the knee, and scrapes on face, shoulder and hands.

I wish I had a better idea of what I did wrong so i can avoid it but hard to recall in hindsight. Im thinking i was just going fast down the hill and too the corner too fast. I should have slowed and stayed more upright, Im lucky a car wasnt behind me but its knocked my confidence a bit.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4...4!1s6aevKGVwUheyjTurKYAwMg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

That looks nice there.Hope you recover quick.

OP
OP
Inertia

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Thanks to the google map link you posted you can see there is alot of paint on the road, both white lines and a red center surface. Sometimes these painted areas are very slick in the wet, be cautious when turning in the wet over painted road surface.
Good point, its also not a great surface now I look at it with rough and smooth parts. Its part of my daily commute so Ive taken it lots of times without incident so I think I got cocky :blush:

Thanks for the advice and well wishes all, Im hopeful I can get back on the bike on Friday, if not then Monday, and I promise to take it easy.

That looks nice there.Hope you recover quick.
Thanks, yeah, its a nice spot for it :blush:, thats just as I leave Liverpool, its all back roads from there to home.

Top Bottom