Off to Paris....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

john xyz

Myself and 14 yr old son are off... from Margate to Paris. First tour.... wish us 'bon chance'! Will report upon return....

AnneW

Über Member
Have a good 'un!

We cycled London to Paris in June and it was great :thumbsup:

AnneW

Über Member
Stockie I am doing it in September with global adventure and with my mate. How difficult is it?

Stockie I found it quite a bit easier than the C2C as there are no really big hills. Bear in mind I'm 48 and not thin (overweight and hills are a tough combo!) and I only started cycling about 4 years ago when a friend persuaded me to do the Manchester to Blackpool.

The hardest part was getting lost, we had a 38 mile day ahead of us but it ended up being 44 miles, our 44 mile day end up being 50 miles that kind of thing. Though looking back afterwards that somehow adds to the fun.

I'll definitely do the London to Paris again :thumbsup:

Stockie

Ticking the boxes
Thanks Anne. Quite spooky as I got into cycling last year when my friend got me to do Manchester to blackpool lol.glad to know it's not to many big hills as I have had plenty of them around chesterfield.

AnneW

Über Member
Snorri my plan (well hope!) is to do JOGLE in 2014. I have a lot of training to do as I currently couldn't do 60-80 miles a day for that long. I could do with suggestions about what to try next year. I'm tempted to just get over to France and see where we get to but without a fixed end point each evening I might just wimp out at 40 miles every day.

Sorry John, didn't mean to hog your post.

AnneW

Über Member
Trikeman loved reading about your trip. I really should write ours down before we forget it all and you've given me a nudge in that direction, plus I've said I'll pass some info on to another CC member, so all the more reason. We used the Donald Hirsch site as a base with changes added by my friend's gps to take out some of the hills (I am a wuss).

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Yes, it's great to blog the trip while it's fresh, both to share it with others and to relive it yourself.

OP
OP
john xyz

john xyz

Well we're back....thanks for your interest. I'm just starting a blog with diary and pics - should be up in couple of days.

Alex...son's bike is a Dunlop full suspension... sub £100! Mine, a Kona front sus 2004 mountain bike. Hybrid tyres, raised handlebars and sprung saddle.
Cycled 252 miles from Margate via Calais, Amiens, Beauvais, Versailles. Wretched hills first 2 days, quiet roads 90% of the way.

Wild camped 2 nights, cheap hotel one night, and campsite one night on the way. 3 nights at Bois de Boulogne campsite when in Paris.

Anyone know how to plot the route on a map like we often see on here (no GPS gadgets wedre used)?

Top Bottom