Off to the USA for 10 weeks! Leaving in 4 days

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
OK, I am raring to go. Off on Sunday to San Diego to cycle to Florida

www.usacycle2018.com for the full detail

and https://www.instagram.com/usacycle2018/

By quirk of fate I have had to spend two weeks working in Africa. I get back Friday night, then a very long day at a wedding Saturday. Leave on Sunday. So I am 99.9% packed already, which is quite a nice feeling.

Wish me luck!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Lucky bleeder. God Speed and hope the winds are on your back and fair weather ahead.
Look forward to the updates.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Hopefully the weather down south will straighten out soon. Smooth sailing and best wishes.

Debade

Über Member
Rode the S Tier in 2011. Really enjoyed it. I have a friend leaving in a few weeks. Been helping him with some of his planning which brought back great memories. You'll have a great trip.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Thanks everyone! I have never had 21 alerts before! My last day of work today. Just want to get it over and done with.

In terms of luck etc, it is requiring a big leap of faith and dipping into savings. I work on a self employed basis, usually for 3-12 mths at a time. I was expecting zero work in Dec- Feb and then away anyway till May. So getting 4 weeks work in Jan and Feb has been a plus. I have a nagging long term health issue (cycling is a good treatment apparently!) so I wanted to do this now, and avoid being in a position in a year or two where the chance came up but I wasn't physically able. But hopefully I have a few years still. UK to Istanbul and LEJOG still on the list.....

My two companions are flying today and kindly agreed to wait for me until we start on Tuesday. Weather says showery but tailwind!

Top Bottom