Off tomorrow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bikes are fettled and gear sorted.
Me & Mrs D will be cycling down to Portsmouth tomorrow and catching the ferry to Santander. Plan (as far as there is one) is to head South East for a bit then swing North, cross the Pyrenees, then up through the Dordogne, Loire valley and on to Caen for the ferry home on August 22nd.
It's our 30th wedding anniversary on Thursday (first day on the road) so I've earmarked a campsite near a town where hopefully they'll be a nicer eatery than the chip van / bar with bingo I took her to last year when we were in Belgium!

Dave & Mrs D enjoy your trip and please keep us all informed about your travels.
Pst Hope you got prezzy and card safely concealed

Jmenorton

Enjoy it, im in the process of planning an almost identical trip, looking forward to the trip report.

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
Done!
1025 miles
Bloody thousands of metres of climbing
Highest point 1802m
Highest temperature 44 C
There is no longer a European wine lake

Bit of a cock up on the anniversary / nice meal plan. Knew there was a 7km / 754m climb that dropped back to the valley but hadn't noticed the 14km / 1150m one straight after (last 4km was in the clouds). Ended up in a small rural site 10 miles short of the one planned, but it had a bar and they did us a Spanish style fry up. Once the bingo had finished!

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
Santander to Caen 2012 034 - Copy.JPG

Proof (if any was needed) that I know how to show the wife a good time on a significant anniversary. It was all downhill to the bingo from here.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Nice one Dave. A man of experience who can adapt to all eventualities!
Bingo? I can't see even 1 fat lady, just legs eleven.

Top Bottom