Off'ed...... by a boat !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm glad it's sorted Pete. Did you also both sign some sort of statement of settlement? I'm not sure what standing such a statement has in legality but having once sorted out something privately for the in-laws involving a smash, the letter I wrote up and got the other party to sign later came in handy when his insurance company, whom he'd innoncently informed of the accident and private settlement, then began, mistakenly, another claim. The produced letter, stopped it in it's tracks.

Jezston

Über Member
Much as I should admonish you for not dishing out the punishment in the courtroom he rightly deserved, I probably would have done the same :biggrin:

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Crackle, good point and one we have considered. I've confirmed to him by email that I have received the cheque and that I am accepting the amount in full & final settlement, and will give him that in hard copy signed, when the cheque is cleared.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
New bike not yet unfortunately, might have come to be the fixie !

You do know how deeply humiliating that sort of thing is for the less fit among us? Some smarty pants getting off his sick bed, binding up some broken bones and doing a ride on Fixed. Mikee did something similar to me once, I'm ploughing away doggedly uphill next to him when, while still chatting away he proceeds to ride no handed, at the same time as getting his camera out to take some snaps. I still bear the scars to this day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunnyjim

Update.

Well I got all the forms from RJ&W (CTC's solicitor), got my statement all ready for the Police (using Vike's template) .... and then the Jag driver offered me a few hundred pounds, to pay for bike damage, in a private settlement. In his email to me he told me he'd been back to the scene, measured the width of the road etc, tried to justify his actions by reference to oncoming traffic which prevented him pulling out further in overtaking me :ohmy:.

I

Pity you're lawyer won't be able to read that one out in court.

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Pity you're lawyer won't be able to read that one out in court.

It was certainly a classic ! I just couldn't believe he was so utterly dim as to commit that one to writing... but once I re-read it a few times to be sure, expressions about "short & curlies" did spring to mind .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Personallywith his response of " i could not get any further over because of traffic" i would have took him to court and let the CTC lawyers eat him for breakfast ...

As long as you feel you got what you wanted then i am happy for you but letting Mr Jag pay his way from his back pocket he has learned nothing except he can buy his way out of trouble.

Glover Fan

I personally wouldn't have done the same as I have worked in the insurance industry and trust me if you knew half of what went on you'd realise this claim would be a small fish in a very large ocean.

HOWEVER, provided you have no long-term health effects i'm glad you came to an amicable conclusion.

davefb

Guru
so he measured the road in order to show how he'd run someone off the road ?

nice of him i suppose to do your work for you...

glad its sorted and lets hope he remembers he has a boat next time he's out :-/

Garz

Squat Member
so he measured the road in order to show how he'd run someone off the road ?

nice of him i suppose to do your work for you...

glad its sorted and lets hope he remembers he has a boat next time he's out :-/

+1

He probably hasn't learnt but if your on the mend and get the reimbursement of desired bike then so be it.

Top Bottom