OGG Mud Guards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Firstly thanks to Henry at The OGG.

After seeing an advert for The OGG mud guards in a recent mountain bike magazine, I dropped Henry Digby a line up there in deepest darkest Whitby to say what a bright idea I thought they were.

For those of you who haven't come across the OGG (never did ask why they are called OGG), they are plastic, moto cross style mudguards for the front and rear of the bike. They come in 6 different flavours. Black, Grey, White, Yellow, Pink and Green. The Oggs also Utilise 3M scotchlite tape so that a reflective white band shows to the front and a red to the rear.

After a short discussion with Henry about supplying these for Emergency service use, he very kindly sent me down a white front and black rear guard. On getting the guards, I was initially slightly disappointed as the 3M had come adrift from the front guard and I had been supplied with a white fitting kit for the rear black guard. They were also just thrown in a box, loose with no fitting instructions. However you don't need a degree in astro-physics to be able to fit a mudguard to a bike.

One of the problems I have come across with previous incarnations of this type of guard is that the front mounted fitting into the bottom of the steerer tube is never very secure. They are esily dislodged. OGG have very cleverly supplied there kits with rubber bungs that have a screw fitting. That is to say, you push the bung inside the steerer tube then tighten the hex screw in the bottom. This squashes the rubber, expanding it into the steerer making everything fit snug and tight. The guard has 4 weeks of constant hammer and has stayed in line with the front wheel at all times, despite the bike being chucked on the ground a number of times. The plastic is not at all brittle and has enough give in it to make sure it won't break unless really bent out of shape.

Once on the bike, the white stands out and really adds to the look of the bike. Being able to get them in colours to match your steed makes the ride look so much more professional.
Henry has promised me that he can get Battenburged 3M tape for the guards too. So you could get the Blue / Yellow or Green/ Yellow checks on there to make the bike look even more like an emergency services vehicle.

The price of these are comparable with any other similar looking guards.

The Green or Yellow would look great on our Ambulance service bikes and Fire could have the fluffy Pink ones!

Contact Details
Henry Digby
07787 154455

http://www.theogg.co.uk/main.htm

enquiries@theogg.co.uk

Top Bottom