Oh bugger.............Fire !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

You shouldn't need to do that on good, modern detectors. When you press the 'mute' button the detector should disable itself from sounding further, and not re-arm until the smoke reading has fallen back to ambient levels. In our house, they emit three short beeps to signal the householder that they have re-armed.

However, very erratic 'pulses' of smoke may fool it.

These were in the house when we moved in, so they could be quite old, but they work well so I haven't replaced them.

I did a really good baked spud last night. I normally find in the microwave they are either bullet hard or rubber like. This time I microwaved a medium sized potato for 4 minutes, then put it in my Remoska (which is a pan with an element in the lid which bakes just like an oven and is made in Czech republic but originated there many years ago and are still marketed by Lakeland in this country.

It was just the right crispness and lovely and soft on the inside. I would have loved to put lots of butter in it but I was more restrained and put cream cheese in instead and ate it with a salad, how's that?

About 2 years ago Mrs AF and I had been away for the weekend, on our return I opened the front door and immediatly noticed the smell of smoke!

Of course both the son and daughter had disappeared prior to our arrival. Anyway a little investigation found the microwave with a smoke damaged interior. Sons girlfriend had put popcorn in the micro for too long. Took days to get rid of the smell and a new microwave required. It might have been cheaper to stay at home.

Kids were 19 at the time, just incase anyone thought we had abandoned them.

Top Bottom