Oh dear...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Got two dodgy overtakes on yesterday's commute, twice for a moment I thought there was going to be a collision with oncoming traffic in both.

The second one was considerably more stressful though, as the driver stopped and we had a frank exchange of views. Amusingly, I got him to admit he wouldn't have passed his test with that driving. Less amusingly, he ripped the camera off my head and told me if I put it on youtube he'd kill me. I've only put the driving part of the footage up, given that I will likely press charges for assault.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fZtiZyKeMU

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlGIA100xHI

Mark_Robson

It looked like the second driver crossed the solid white line as well. That probably doesn't make you feel better but it's another illegal act and another nail in his coffin.

NigC

Mark_Robson said:
It looked like the second driver crossed the solid white line as well. That probably doesn't make you feel better but it's another illegal act and another nail in his coffin.

I think that might be considered legal when overtaking bikes, but I could be wrong. Either way, some poor driving examples there.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
NigC said:
I think that might be considered legal when overtaking bikes, but I could be wrong. Either way, some poor driving examples there.
It's only legal if what you are overtaking is doing less than 10mph (IIRC). Shoddy piece of driving!

I have been threatened a few times while seated but it has always been retracted, often with tears when I stood up, bents should carry a warning sign akin to those rear view mirror warnings, "riders of these machines can appear smaller when seated".

NigC

Sh4rkyBloke said:
It's only legal if what you are overtaking is doing less than 10mph (IIRC). Shoddy piece of driving!

Yep, you're right - I've just checked and that's exactly what it says :tongue:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Vikeonabike said:
BM Wouldn't give him the option of apologising....report it to the police.....

+1 it'd come accross as crocodile tears anyway. The driver sounds like a considerable risk to the public.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
1st clip...if that guy had gone head on into the blue van…..you would have been the first person he would have blamed no doubt. I can only guess he/she didn't know the road otherwise surely they would have waited until if frees up and the end of the runway.

I reckon they scared the life out of themselves with that one.

2nd..what a waste of effort, overtaking on a double white...on a bend...in the dark only to keep the same distance from you for the next 3-400 yards.

I guess at least they were both a fair distance from you.

Nice legs by the way...very smooth lookin...:tongue:

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Thanks guys! I took it as read, Jonny. Must admit your comment really pinged with me, garilla, wish I'd thought of you last night. Reviewing the footage of the discussion bit I could have done much better at protecting myself, particularly when he drove at me.

Origamist

Legendary Member
jonny jeez said:
I guess at least they were both a fair distance from you.

I'd actually prefer if it they were a foot or so closer to me - the consequences of two vehicles colliding at speed and rebounding across the carriageway is too horrible to consider for a following cyclist.

Glad you escaped both incidents unscathed, BM.

No damage to the camema, by the looks of it.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Origamist said:
I'd actually prefer if it they were a foot or so closer to me - the consequences of two vehicles colliding at speed and rebounding across the carriageway is too horrible to consider for a following cyclist.

yep..very true...ergh, shivers

Top Bottom