Oh dear...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
If he's leaving threats as you suggested on the youtube page then that adds to his poxy character imo. Guy sounds like a right t*sser. ;)

Report him. No question. ;):biggrin:!

Glad you're ok BM!

GrasB

Veteran
BM, that sounds nasty & glad that you're okay after the second incident.

Origamist said:
I'd actually prefer if it they were a foot or so closer to me - the consequences of two vehicles colliding at speed and rebounding across the carriageway is too horrible to consider for a following cyclist.
+1 I've been hit by a car deflected off a kerb at 5-10mph & it's not pleasant at all.

First one gave you a nice bit of space but as you say shocking for the traffic the other way.Sometimes I wish cabbies would give me that sort of space...or on the Bow flyover.

Most of the time I keep my gob shut now depending on how crappy I feel.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
BentMikey said:
Vike, can I ask how long I have to report him?

BM There is no limit in time, you could report him tomorrow, next year or in 5 years time. However Best Practice suggests as soon as possible. If you don't questions may be asked about why you took so long to do so.
The other part is the driving offence. A notice of Intended Prosecution must be served within 14 days, knowing how slow us cops are to get the coffee finished and get on with paper work, I suggest you get it all sorted soon.
Without seeing the final part of your video, he could be prosecuted for both the driving offence as well as the assault on you. So that would be 3 points, plus whatever he gets for assaulting you plus court costs....Hopefully he won't do that again.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Must admit I'm quite chicken about riding to work tomorrow. I hope he's not a local and that I don't come across him again. I'm gonna ride anyway, but the old heart will likely be beating faster and I'll be keeping a good eye out in my mirror.

the files are on my desktop if I don't turn up back here!!

BentMikey said:
Must admit I'm quite chicken about riding to work tomorrow. I hope he's not a local and that I don't come across him again. I'm gonna ride anyway, but the old heart will likely be beating faster and I'll be keeping a good eye out in my mirror.

Im sure you will be okay mate...best of luck anyway.I've come across these sort of bullies.I will be thinking of you.:smile:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
BentMikey said:

Hope you're ok, matey!

D Lock or big-ol Bikechain kept close to hand might make you feel better. :becool::smile:

PBancroft

BentMikey said:
Thanks Vike! I'll go in on Monday as I'm working all weekend.

Can you not phone up to report it now, and say you'll go in with more details on Monday? Might reflect better on you, and give more time for Police to act on the motoring offence...

GrasB

Veteran
Kaipaith said:
Can you not phone up to report it now, and say you'll go in with more details on Monday? Might reflect better on you, and give more time for Police to act on the motoring offence...
+1 ime get the incident recorded over the phone quickly & you'll get a community officer visit to your home when it's convenient for you for a much more detailed chat.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
BentMikey said:
OK chaps, I'll try to sort this one out via a call. He's just come on youtube and posted on the video, btw.

Having a look now.

Edit. D'ya mean Chew1047..? He's a troll, dont think he's the driver tbh. He's on my little list already, but if you want to copy the comment and his username and hand it to the Police they can double check.

Top Bottom