Oh, For *ucks' sake!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ducks.

Oh, for ducks' sake!

Hebden Bridge Easter duck race #2.jpg

Hebden Bridge Easter duck race #1.jpg

I went out this afternoon to buy some parkin for my post-ride treat but I had forgotten that it was Easter Monday. Easter Monday here is when the annual Duck Race takes place ...

Never fear, animal lovers, they do not use real ducks! The local Rotary Club have hundreds of numbered yellow plastic ducks which get tipped into the river from one bridge and collected in a net a couple of bridges down stream. A small entry fee gets you a duck to enter in the race. All profits go to charity. If your duck is one of the first 3 out of the net, you win a prize.

It was a real battle to fight my way through to the parkin shop. You'd think the tourists have never experienced a sunny bank holiday before! Or maybe they just like yellow plastic ducks ...:laugh:

Gatters

There must be money involved ;)

Hyslop

Veteran
Before I got to your post,coming on the pictures,I thought,my goodness, he does draw a crowd ! Strange folk,especially when theres a parkin shop at hand.Still,more parkin for you I hope.Here,at Easter, we traditionally open a new seam in the Rum Butter mine.The nearest tourist is given a pickaxe and after 12 hrs at the face is asked to test the first 6lbs for quality,then shoved off in the direction of Windermere whilst we repair to the pub.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Its just quackers !

D

Deleted member 1258

Colin you did better than we did on Easter Monday, we're in north Wales and we got caught up in the aftermath of a serious accident and spent an hour and half stationary before being diverted down a Welsh country lane then a b road back into llandudno.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Colin you did better than we did on Easter Monday, we're in north Wales and we got caught up in the aftermath of a serious accident and spent an hour and half stationary before being diverted down a Welsh country lane then a b road back into llandudno.
Sorry to hear that, Dave.

Once I had got through those crowds and bought my parkin (a dense, sticky, northern ginger cake) I went off and rode a scenic 26-miler over the local hills and by the time I got back things had quietened down.

Top Bottom