Oh How We Laughed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
So today my lad (19) came with me on my ride.
We went up to the woods and bombed around on some very wet and muddy trails. It was fun, and on the way down to the park at the bottom of the woods, there are gravel paths.
It's steep but my hydraulic brakes held up well :bravo:
My son was on my Saracen full suss, with disc brakes, which also coped well, although he did have a few wobbly moments on the descent.

So we head home, happy and covered in mud.
We're about 2 miles from home, on the fab cycle paths, and he is in front of me.
He's cruising along. I look down for a moment, and when I look up, there's said son, sprawled on the path, clutching the bike!
As I approach him I can see movement...that's good.
I brake and dismount and hear him laughing so hard!

Me: Are you okay?
Son: Yes (laughing)
Me: What happened?
Son: The bike clipped the edge of the path and just bottomed out (laughing harder)
Me: Oh, okay.
Son: I can't believe what we rode through today and a bl**dy bit of concrete offs me!
Me: Nature of the beast son, nature of the beast

:rofl:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just think. It could have been worse because it could have been you..:laugh::laugh:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Last year the wife and I, along with our two youngest sons, hired bikes to cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge.

The approach to the bridge includes a small section of reasonably steep and winding road with a ditch on the right hand side.

I should add at this point that my wife is not a particularly confident or experienced cyclist. Needless to say, having slowed down to probably less than 5mph, she wobbled precariously before tipping over into the ditch in full view of hundreds of bemused tourists. Following behind, with her handbag perched in the bike's shopping trolley, I really did deserve an Oscar for the straight face I somehow managed to maintain!

Top Bottom