"Oh look, that bike's fallen to bits"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

squeaker

Über Member
Auntie Helen said:
The first question I tend to get asked here in Essex, when taking the bike to fairs or fetes or cycling events or whatever, is "how much does it cost?" I always feel like replying "what does that matter?" as they're hardly going to buy one (although I often tell them that they can get KMXs cheap-ish if they so require) but I think it's the standard question that kids here in North Essex seem to ask about everything.
Not just Essex, IME :smile:
And 'how do you pedal it?' was probably one of the oddest questions....

Arch

Married to Night Train
The best question, asked about a BikeE recumbent bike, has to be: "Why is the chain so long?"

Er, in order to join the pedals and the rear wheel?

Overheard on the Ferry...

"I thought he was disabled, but his legs seemed to work alright when he got off.... I wonder why he rides that if his legs are OK?"

I was riding Tobormory, the first recumbent I'd ever built, into town one day when a builder shouted

"think you must have had a crease in the plans when you made that, mate!"

Made me laugh.

Fiona N

Veteran
In America, the question most asked about the Windcheetah was 'where's the engine?' Some people though the tube from the Camelbak in the tailbox was the fuel pipe, others just couldn't imagine how I'd got there without an engine ;)

threefingerjoe

Über Member
We have several Harley-Davidson riders at work, who used to tease me, until I started firing back at them about those pansy bikes that they ride! I'll rib them on rainy or cold days, when they drive their cars. "Where's your bike today? I know, I know, you don't have to tell me! You wimpy Harley riders are all alike! 'It's too cold! It's raining!' You gotta have a motor! Get a REAL MAN'S bike! REAL MEN ride in all weather, and don't need no stinkin' motor!" ;-)

They get a laugh out of it, and admit that I have a point! And I'll admit, riding a motorcycle in cold weather is worse than a bicycle! Besides the higher wind speed, the rider isn't working, so he doesn't produce any heat!

Top Bottom