Oh no ... Possible snapped cruceate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhythMick

Über Member
Fell heavily on my knee last weekend (whole different thread and the trail is being repaired to stop it happening to others).

Went to physio today who thinks I may have snapped one of the cruceate ligaments. I know just enough to be worried ... Do they heal ? Can they be repaired ? Is that the end of my cycling ? Will I ever be able to pay the violin again ? Ok scratch that last ...

Ouch!

OK I didn't exactly snap mine, so this is not a comparable story. Mine are too long so I have loose knees and can hyperextend if not careful. Years ago I was put on a set of simple exercises to do each day to improve the muscles they attach to and to try to take up some of the slack. Still can't play the violin though.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
oooooooochhhhhhh. shoot, man, that's bad! And, yes, they do heal, but not quickly.

Surely you need to have it scanned and repaired if it needs repair?

I mention this realising it might not exactly cheer you up, but cruciate/crucify/ have the same root in cruciare - to torture

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
Yeah MRI scan next to confirm or otherwise. Here's hoping the Physio is just being over cautious. I'm supposed to be doing 215 miles for charity at end of August, Transpennine coast to coast.

jugglingphil

shoot news. As someone who buggered a knee I fully sympathise.
However, I've found that cycling is about the best sport for me at the moment. (I've no ACL in right knee)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah MRI scan next to confirm or otherwise. Here's hoping the Physio is just being over cautious. I'm supposed to be doing 215 miles for charity at end of August, Transpennine coast to coast.

Ah, just borrow a recumbent trike, rig a rest for the bad leg, use cleats and pedal the whole thing one legged.

Simples!

;)

(But seriously, I hope it's not bad news.)

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
Ah, just borrow a recumbent trike, rig a rest for the bad leg, use cleats and pedal the whole thing one legged.

Simples!

;)

(But seriously, I hope it's not bad news.)

Love it. Man up Mick !

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
I always thought a direct impact was unlikely to damage the ligaments especially the cruceate. seems that's true for the anterior cruceate but the posterior gets damaged by exactly that, a hard impact to a bent knee. it's called the dashboard injury because it happens mostly in car accidents.

see what the scan shows. booked in for next Tuesday.

Top Bottom