Oh well, the axeman cameth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HeyWayne

Having survived 5 rounds of redundancies my turn finally came this morning.

As with many in the construction industry, our company has suffered during the current economic crisis - having employed 97 people in the halcyon days of 2007-8 they will employ less than 20 people by the end of this current process.

I'm not overly surprised, or overly unhappy about the decision as I've been unhappy here for quite some time now, and haven't been able to perform to the best of my abilities. However, it's still a job.

Hopefully have something lined up, but don't want to be complacent, so if anyone wants a lanky marketing bod - send 'em my way!

Cheers.

Oh, on the upside - I'll get more time to tend to my allotment in the short term!

Stoic attitude, but very best wishes for a new employment somewhere you will like, perhaps a bit more than what was...good luck 'Wayne'

SimonC

Having survived 5 rounds of redundancies my turn finally came this morning.

As with many in the construction industry, our company has suffered during the current economic crisis - having employed 97 people in the halcyon days of 2007-8 they will employ less than 20 people by the end of this current process.

I'm not overly surprised, or overly unhappy about the decision as I've been unhappy here for quite some time now, and haven't been able to perform to the best of my abilities. However, it's still a job.

Hopefully have something lined up, but don't want to be complacent, so if anyone wants a lanky marketing bod - send 'em my way!

Cheers.

Oh, on the upside - I'll get more time to ride my bike in the short term!

Fixed that for yer.

All the best on jobhunting.

Arch

Married to Night Train
All the best Wayne. At least it's a busy time of year on the allotment!

Hopefully, you'll get the better thing you want, and it'll all turn out to be a blessing...

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Unlucky Wayne but good luck with the job hunting. There's going to be plenty of others in the same situation now they've cancelled all the school rebuilds.

paul

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Hope the lined-up job works out. Good luck!

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Ahhh mate! Well to be honest it had been a long time coming... its those darned web agencies stealing all your cash!

Must be the day for it though! Mother in Law has just been let go and just had my biggest client on the phone and the government has just axed their entire spend and said to prepare for 50-60% redundancies and best total office closure at worst!

And mate get behind this lanky marketing bod in the queue for a new job (Having said that I know of a firm on the border that is looking, will FB you, all sneaky like! :ph34r:).

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Good luck mate. Hopefully a year down the line you find yourself somewhere quite wondrous, think back to this day, and say "thank goodness!"

bauldbairn

Don't get those blinkers on though - get yourself a job first, then something suitable second. You can always be more fussy while you've got a job.
It's quite alarming the amount of people I know who are worried about their jobs right now. I really fear this is the start of the second wave of redundancies from this recession.

Keep your head up and stay positive Wayne and good luck with the job hunting.

Top Bottom