Oh what have l done now !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I finally finished cleaning, polishing and endlessly adjusting stuff on theF Moser. Not to mention fitting new tubulars and eventually pumping them up to 140psi .
Just back from my first (and short) outing....the bloody thing has a personality not to mention a mind of its own. Its livelier than a cat on a hot tin roof and l suspect just as likely to do one serious injury if approached in an unwary fashion !!
I think l may have bitten off more than l can chew this time :surrender:

S-Express

You went out with 140psi in your tyres? Why?

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Are tubulars generally able to have higher pressures than clinchers, out of interest ?

Drago

Legendary Member
Woodbutchers new tyre pump has been delivered.

pic-dump-271-21.jpg

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
But they don't half "pop" with a bang when they go.
Yeah and there goes another 30 quid minimum not to mention a couple of days work stretching the tyre , putting it on, taking it off , taping the rim putting the tyre back on etc,etc. Im going to let some air out to about 8 bar and see what that feels like,phew after all this l might even get to ride the thing :rolleyes:

Sharky

Guru
Yeah and there goes another 30 quid minimum not to mention a couple of days work stretching the tyre , putting it on, taking it off , taping the rim putting the tyre back on etc,etc. Im going to let some air out to about 8 bar and see what that feels like,phew after all this l might even get to ride the thing :rolleyes:

But you can repair them. Takes a bit longer and a bit of patience, but can be done.

A sharp blade to cut the stiches once you've located the hole, then pull out the tube and apply a normal patch. Then tuck it back in and use waxed thread (carpet thread) to sew the tyre back. You'll need a thimble to push the needle through.

Top Bottom