Oh! What's occuring??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wind in my face yesterday morning.
Wind in my face yesterday evening.
Side wind (which is of no use to man nor beast) this morning.
Wind in my face this evening.

Starting to believe that there is a God and that she hates me.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Had a late homeward journey last night - cold and windy.

Got cycle-ready this morning and got into garden heading towards garage - trees were swaying side-to-side, so thought bother. Back inside, changed back into regular clothes and drove in. No regrets.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've been riding into the wind whichever direction I've been going this week, and my legs feel crap. This morning I was barely gaining ground on a schoolkid on a BMX.

Think I overdid the training at the weekend, by doing some.

Glad I'm marshalling at the evening 10 tonight. If I was riding it'd take me an hour.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Funny you should mention that. I had to pedal downhill through Hyde park last night...it was horrid. When I got home and told Mrs Jeez, all she could say was...

"what wind?"

sigh

plus I had an eye full of motorcyle debris...it wasnt my best ride home

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
jonny jeez said:
Funny you should mention that. I had to pedal downhill through Hyde park last night...it was horrid. When I got home and told Mrs Jeez, all she could say was...

"what wind?"

Exactly, what wind? I rode both ways yesterday evening, and sailed along thanks to my tailbox and disc wheel. :laugh:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
BentMikey said:
Exactly, what wind? I rode both ways yesterday evening, and sailed along thanks to my tailbox and disc wheel. :tongue:

Your so low down that there is no wind for you, all us upright's take the brunt of it :biggrin:

GrasB

Veteran
Kids are funny, they sprint past you at high speed but have no idea what pace they can sustain. The panic when you just up your pace & hold onto them so they can't ease off when they've dropped you & thus remain 'cool' is rather amusing.

As I said to a guy earlier this week that rode passed me & gave a comment "Yeah, so you can do 23mph. Now hold it for the next 10 miles"... by this point he was getting quite out of breath after about 300m.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
Exactly, what wind? I rode both ways yesterday evening, and sailed along thanks to my tailbox and disc wheel. :biggrin:

Ha HA...Think I actually went right past you that night BM, you (I think it was you) were teaching a lesson so I didnt want to inturrupt and suddenly pounce on you...I saw the bent first (against a bench by the Albert memorial) then almost rode into you whilst i was looking at it.

That would have been a great introduction!!!:bicycle:

Top Bottom