Ohhhhh! The Brom on the Rhine is all mine all mine ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This evening's jaunt in the industrial Rhine/Ruhr ....

Brom on the Rhine.JPG

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Great to be able to explore when you're away from home. And don't you love the way the Brompton will stand up for a photo-opportunity!
That's was my justification for buying one (though I've always craved one). So this is my first trip away with it. After a long day I didn't fancy going out but forced myself and had an absolute blast! Am working in my hotel room all tomorrow so will need to get out again :-)
What a machine!

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember

Love that first pic - the lighting is spot on - enter it in a competition!!! Lovely :smile:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

So you would recommend a.bromine, would be good when I do a bit of travelling in retirement.
Definately .... (but why wait for retirement)!
It's easy to transport, it's soooo much fun to ride, it's very adaptable and handles towpaths etc really well and covers the ground effortlessly. The thing I'm really noticing is that a regular bike feels like a barge around town, or places where you might want to suddenly stop to look in a shop window or take a photo. It's a great sight-seeing bike The Brompton feels so little, nimble, light, maneuverable.
I've become a complete convert and kick myself I didn't buy one years ago. If the house was burning down it would be the first bike I'd rescue.

The downside (apart from the cost) is that they are very desirable, so I'd never lock-it up outside (but mostly you don't need too).

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Definately .... (but why wait for retirement)!
It's easy to transport, it's soooo much fun to ride, it's very adaptable and handles towpaths etc really well and covers the ground effortlessly. The thing I'm really noticing is that a regular bike feels like a barge around town, or places where you might want to suddenly stop to look in a shop window or take a photo. It's a great sight-seeing bike The Brompton feels so little, nimble, light, maneuverable.
I've become a complete convert and kick myself I didn't buy one years ago. If the house was burning down it would be the first bike I'd rescue.

The downside (apart from the cost) is that they are very desirable, so I'd never lock-it up outside (but mostly you don't need too).

Thanks FF we have another window.for the c2w coming in May and that will be my last chance to take full advantage of the scheme, I like the idea of bimbling around Andalusia on it.

Top Bottom