Oil on brake discs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Dog shampoo
[...]
Screw this I say. The only cleaning products you need in the house is vinegar and toilet paper. The next chapter in my rant will be about all the different paint products they've forced me to buy and store in half-empty little tins.
Whilst I admire your sentiments, I'm imagining cleaning a dog with a bottle of Sarsons and roll of Andrex. I've never tried it, so who knows ... perhaps it would work well. However, I am sceptical.

OP
OP
wheresthetorch

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
So . . . the solution is to replace one pad, put one in the dishwasher, scrub one with wire wool and wipe one with vinegar and toilet roll.

Thanks chaps - busy weekend ahead!! :wacko:

mythste

Veteran
You don't need brakes. Just like you don't need lights.

Cars should get out your way, as well as trees, garden fences, railway junctions etc.

This is clearly victim blaming of the higest order.

screenman

Legendary Member
Yellow, I just tried your vinegar idea on dirty rear mech, it did not work anywhere near as well as brake cleaner did. Although I must admit I do agree with a lot of things on your list, but what are the people who make and sell them going to do for jobs.

screenman

Legendary Member
Anyone know how to get rid of the stink of vinegar? Toilet paper is useless for cleaning windows, way to dusty.

Put oily pads in a freezer bag with a chopped onion and freeze overnight.
Take them out next day and place in a zinc box with some methylated spirit. Add lemon juice and tblsp of salt. Take to the bottom of the garden and place box in the centre of a small fire for approx 15 minutes. Simultaneously, strip naked and dance with chicken bones on a string and evoke the God of Kinetic Energy.

Works every time.

screenman

Legendary Member
Put oily pads in a freezer bag with a chopped onion and freeze overnight.
Take them out next day and place in a zinc box with some methylated spirit. Add lemon juice and tblsp of salt. Take to the bottom of the garden and place box in the centre of a small fire for approx 15 minutes. Simultaneously, strip naked and dance with chicken bones on a string and evoke the God of Kinetic Energy.

Works every time.

Can I do the dance bit in my onesie, it is a bit cool out there.

Last edited:

Citius

Leave the pads on the planet surface. Take off, and then nuke them from orbit.

Top Bottom