Ok Chaps this is your 10 day warning not to...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
but cheer yourself up with some cheap flowers and chocolates from the supermarket on feb 15 :smile:

Forget the flowers, I'll make that 2 boxes of chocolates...:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
And there's always gin... :smile:

Thanks!

I'm reading a book at the moment, about the 18th C gin craze. Apparently many brewers and publicans turned to distilling because owning a still exempted them from having to give lodgings to soldiers, which publicans were forced to.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
That's interesting. Who's the book by? I'm on a bit of a social history buzz at the moment...

I can't remember. Once I've read it, you can have it, if you like, I'd only be giving it to a charity shop...:sad:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I still need to get it sorted. And i have 9 days, im seeing my GF on the 13th Feb, not the 14th because shes working and i cant get over after.
Bollocks!!:laugh:

Willow

Arch said:
That's a bit unfair. I think most chaps would be a bit miffed if their missis forgot their birthday...

I'm also single, and moderately unhappily so, so Valentine's Day is as ever, a salt-in-the-wound day....

I hated it when single then found love, 12 years later my love chose that day to tell me love had died so I'm back to hating it. 3 years on I've moving forward but never the less glad it falls at the weekend, interestingly enough the boys will be with ex and partner that weekend so that may be interesting.

Headgardener

Armchair Cyclist
Arch said:
I'm also single, and moderately unhappily so, so Valentine's Day is as ever, a salt-in-the-wound day....
Never mind Arch PM me your address and I will send you a valentines card:smile:.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Headgardener said:
Never mind Arch PM me your address and I will send you a valentines card:smile:.

Hmm, sympathy Valentines, almost worst than none at all....:birthday:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Hmm, sympathy Valentines, almost worst than none at all....:birthday:

Sympathy Valentine from your Mum. That's got to be the worst!

I find the best tactic is just to ignore Valentine's Day when single.

One of my friends has his birthday on 15th February and naturally lots of cards arrived early so at uni he looked really popular with a mailbox full of cards on Valentine's Day!

Top Bottom