ok, gone clipless...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
johnnyh

johnnyh

Veteran
that sounds a top idea BOAB, started to get the hang of it.... all be that in the kitchen holding onto the worktop :angry:

dingdongdead

just getting used to mine. went along brighton beach and fell off dodging dog poo.
worst thing was i still got poo all over my wheel
bugger

redjedi

Über Member
That's how I started using clipless pedals. Just sat there for about 20mins clipping in and out. Then every few hours I would go back and do it a bit more (got mine fitted on a saturday for first use on a Monday).
I have yet to have a clipless moment*, a few close calls when I first started (1 yr ago) but I had them set quite loose so I could just yank my foot out.

After a few months you won't know how you coped without them.

Good luck

(* I'm really tempting fate now, first the punture fairy and now this :wacko: )

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I came off yesterday after doing a wobbly u turn then brushing the kerb. I put out my left hand to break the fall,it worked but the left wrist is now stiff and useless! It must be my first clipless moment for going on 10 years,the last time was when i was breaking in new shoes,this time it was the same. Maybe i have the cleats/peddles too tight?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I came off yesterday after doing a wobbly u turn then brushing the kerb. I put out my left hand to break the fall,it worked but the left wrist is now stiff and useless! It must be my first clipless moment for going on 10 years,the last time was when i was breaking in new shoes,this time it was the same. Maybe i have the cleats/peddles too tight?
Ouch!

I did something similar twice in a week, landing on one knee the first time, and the other the second.

I now have my release tensions set as low as possible, just in case. (I never unclip accidentally, so there doesn't seem much point in tightening them.)

Cyclist33

so the pedals (cute little A520's) are fitted, and the cleats are in the shoes (shimano m076)... would I be wise to set the pedals to the least resistance to start with... a practice in the kitched holding onto the worktop seems to suggest it might be a plan :boxing::laugh:

Yes.

Enjoy your first shameful near-stationary fall!

Coggy

I have never had a problem (so far) since going clipless back in April. I have pedals (still) set to the minimum tension and now being clipped in just feels normal.

mick160

I am very tempted to give clipless pedals a go but am slightly nervous about coming off. Not for myself but because I sometimes have my two year old on the back in his bike seat.

Coggy

I am very tempted to give clipless pedals a go but am slightly nervous about coming off. Not for myself but because I sometimes have my two year old on the back in his bike seat.

Tip 1: Practice before taking toddler on back

Tip 2: Buy a set of these. Clipless once side, flat platform pedal other side so you can ride with normal shoes/trainers

shimano-m324-spd-pedals.jpg

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shimano/m324-spd-pedals-ec005285

Top Bottom