Ok here’s the big question about tea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
First.

U

User482

Makes no difference unless you're making it directly in the cup, in which case milk first is an abomination against civilised society.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
User482 said:
Makes no difference unless you're making it directly in the cup, in which case milk first is an abomination against civilised society.
...but, does virtually eliminate the scum on the top...

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I googled this a few Years back.......:blush:

I found that the British tea institute (or some such thing) recommeneded adding the milk first as it prevented the tea from scalding.

I don't know why I bothered looking it up though, ever since I've added the milk last.

U

User482

Fab Foodie said:
...but, does virtually eliminate the scum on the top...

I guess that comes down to whether or not you live in a hard water area? Milk first with the teabag just tastes awful IMO; I'd rather put up with a scum.

Tetedelacourse

milk last, after teabag has been removed. Always.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Tea from pot...milk first. Teabags, milk after bag removed.
However, I like my tea like I like my women...er...
strong and black
hot and wet
full and flavoursome
cheap and found in the co-op

domtyler

Über Member
WindyRob said:
Pre-Lactate for me and always skimmed milk, can't stand full or even semi in teaxx(

Windy

Pre-Lactate? Isn't that the watery stuff that comes out of womens boobies before the proper stuff? :blush:

Reminds me of a neat little story, I take my daughter to nursery with a tommee tippee cup of expressed milk from my wife and as soon as I put it down on the table you can bet that some other kid will pick it up and start drinking it!! :biggrin:

Mind you, the first thing she did on her first day was to crawl up to some watery eyed kid with immense amounts of snot coming from his nose and take his dummy out of his mouth and pop it straight into hers :angry:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
If you are making the tea properly, in a teapot, the milk should be in the cup first. There is a reason for this. With the milk in the cup first, when the hot tea enters the cup, there is more milk than scalding tea so the milk does not scald and change flavour. This is because milk has a lower boiling point than water. If it was the other way round, there would be more boiling water than milk, so the milk would scald and the flavour would alter.

LotThandsouttea.jpg

Milk first :blush:

Top Bottom