ok,im getting the Cannondale Synapse road bike black green 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sisilisko

Regular
ok, here is the issue, I'm getting the bike free as my last bike was stolen, but i want to upgrade it..... I was at first thinking of changing the groupset but now see the price of
Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 Speed Groupset - Grey is only £469.99 half the price... and the
Shimano 105 5800 11 Speed Groupset is £289.99
the thing i'm not sure off is it worth getting the Ultergra, as i was going to buy new wheels it will make no diferance the changes being made to them.
I know the frame isnt carbon, but cannot think of a reason to upgrade it to carbon till the price drop alot on them
what do you guys think?

vickster

Legendary Member
The price of carbon bikes has dropped massively in the last few years already

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I just read a review of the Synapse Disc 105 and apparently the wheels are heavy, something like 2.5kg. That's where my upgrade money would go!

OP
OP
sisilisko

sisilisko

Regular
im getting the normal as the insurance company wouldn't pay up more for the disc version, though im changing the wheels right a way as it is, im trying to shave the weight off and make it the best bike i can

vickster

Legendary Member
If you have flexibility on where to buy, have you looked at the deals Paul's cycles have on older models?

OP
OP
sisilisko

sisilisko

Regular
im not buying it my insurance company are paying :sad: I would have gone for a better model, but beggers cannot be choosers

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I tried the Synapse at Evans yesterday (didn't ride it, just sat on it). The 54 is spot on.

It felt quite upright but the seat needed to go up an inch and I could drop the bars up to an inch too.

Is the fit likely to be the same on the CAAD8 and Super Six, ie top tube length?

Boon 51

Veteran
I just read a review of the Synapse Disc 105 and apparently the wheels are heavy, something like 2.5kg. That's where my upgrade money would go!

Most manufacturers seem to skimp on components that's how they allegedly keep the price down, the 3 main things are wheels, tyres, and saddle, plus either crap pedals or no pedals at all.. :sad:
PS most of the wheels are heavy they were on my Specialized Allez.

which synapse are you getting?
all models are one colour only in the UK and the green and black one I think you are talking about is carbon with ultegra groupset (£2500 new)?

OP
OP
sisilisko

sisilisko

Regular
its the lowest version, if only they would pay out for carbon.... they offered me a £700 hybrid, but turned it down as i would rather go for a road bike

OP
OP
sisilisko

sisilisko

Regular
the frame seems good, its just a thing of upgrading it the groupset, its amazing how far the ultegra price hasd dropped... my old bike had the 105 and that cost an arm and a leg when i paid for it.... now ultegra is the price the 105 was... very trempting

Top Bottom