Ok own up...who has been out riding in this weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...like me!:biggrin:....35km in the pissing rain....my new gore tights kept me warm ...night vision jacket & hi vis vest and lights kept me alive (it was almost dark in Ingatestone just now)....but my over shoes let me down as my shoes filled up with rain as I rode through deep puddles on the road....I'm just pleased I have a warm home and a cupp T to come home to and not the tent:biggrin:

I was out in the rain this AM. Only saw one other cyclist.

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...like me!:biggrin:....35km in the pissing rain....my new gore tights kept me warm ...night vision jacket & hi vis vest and lights kept me alive (it was almost dark in Ingatestone just now)....but my over shoes let me down as my shoes filled up with rain as I rode through deep puddles on the road....I'm just pleased I have a warm home and a cupp T to come home to and not the tent:biggrin:

Nearly dark? Are you somewhere near the Arctic circle?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...ok ok...let me exassperate a little....it was 'dim'...you know like in a thunderstorm... all the cars had lights on that kind of 'dark'...better?:biggrin::biggrin:

bonj2

I've been riding in 'this' weather, although it was raining this morning it had stopped by the time I cycled to work and it's sunny now.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Day off today and I got 25 miles in. Drizzle to start with but it soon cleared up.

I don't mind cycling in the rain provided it isn't windy as well, it can be quite refreshing on an occassional basis..

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

BTFB, why the hi-viz jacket in addition to the Night Vision Jacket

...I thought about that question as well...the answer is that I only wear the H vis vest over the jacket in th eday time, not at night. The jacket lights up well at night in the headlight beams but during the day many drivers dont use lights when they should. So unless a light shines on the jacket it's as good as being invisable in a dark jacket. The hi vis let's them see me.

Another plus is that the jacket often makes me sweat...so I open up the front zip which then lets me get cold in the wind....the Hi vis vest over the top of the jacket with an open zip stops the wind getting in....just another option.

Yeah this morning the weather was cr@p here too. Somebody on another thread mentioned the bus, and its that thought that keeps me going. I'd get more wet waiting for a bus which isn't always punctual, be guaranteed to catch a bug on it and be frustrated in a traffic jam.

papercorn2000

alecstilleyedye said:
yep, pissing rain this morning, so full rain gear on :biggrin:

dries out and gets a bit sunny come home time which leaves me horribly overdressed and hot :biggrin:

Yep, weather is totally schizophrenic. Nearly full winter gear on the way in and shorts on the way home.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Chucked it down this morning, but waterproofs ensured I arrived pretty dry (plastic bags under neoprene overshoes) and even went through about 3 localised floods (big puddles). Nearly got wiped out by some fool doing a u-turn, but hey, I still got to work on time.... Nice ride home though !

Abitrary

Every day. Don't think about the weather anymore when I ride to work. Just try to remember what I watched on TV on last night in case someone tries to have a conversation with me

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Did GT black in the rain last week (plus the red at night the week before) -prefer offroading when it's wet.Quite like a nice bit of rain really-t'wet only goes t'skin eh lads!?Just go out and JFDI really.

Top Bottom