OK -who got snowballed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobbles

Yep - 1/4 mile from home - Full in the side of the face.
Wondered what it was but the accompanying cheer reminded me that kids just love a moving target.
Also reminded me why I use eyewear.......it really stung.

Be careful y'all :laugh:

I thought I was going to .. could see a big bunch of yoof up ahead all having a snowball fight so was sure I was going to catch some of it. But all they did was cheer as I slithered past. Which was nice.

Maz

Guru
Wobbles said:
Yep - 1/4 mile from home - Full in the side of the face.
Wondered what it was but the accompanying cheer reminded me that kids just love a moving target.
Also reminded me why I use eyewear.......it really stung.

Be careful y'all ;)
"eyewear"...are you talking about specs here or something more akin to skiing goggles?

OP
OP
W

Wobbles

Maz said:
"eyewear"...are you talking about specs here or something more akin to skiing goggles?

Sorry - bit ambiguous.....Proper cycle specific glasses....
I feel very vulnerable without them now. Ever since I heard of that poor old boy who lost an eye after some yobs threw an egg at him.
Though I didn't cop the snowball fully frontal facewise, it's for precisely this reason I wear them....also for stopping bugs/road debris etc + windblast when on my road bike too.

Ski goggles would have been quite appropriate today tho
:rolleyes:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Just the once. Stupid kid was way off, and his snowball fell apart in midair.

I should've stopped and given him a lesson. You have to really crush the snow to make it hard, then it's more accurate. And it stings more.

iLB

Hello there
palinurus said:
Just the once. Stupid kid was way off, and his snowball fell apart in midair.

I should've stopped and given him a lesson. You have to really crush the snow to make it hard, then it's more accurate. And it stings more.

even better with rocks inside...:evil:

Joseph

Had two groups throw at me. Hand eye coordination is clearly not a strong point for the Glasgow neds though, the closest was over a meter shy of target. One group got a cheeky taunt about their targeting skills ;)

Tarbo

Not me but ............

I'm up too early for kids to get me, but remember my Dad, (a postie on his bike), telling me about when he went past the local high school many years ago. He said all the kids were having a snowball fight amongst themselves when he appeared from around the corner. All of a sudden all the kids stopped throwing snowballs at each other and just looked at him. He knew what was coming and sure enough he got it. Reckons there must have been in excess of 100 snowballs thrown......

What I would have given to bee there to see it... ;)

Tynan

Veteran
I kicked arse in the playground with the nine year old girls when picking my daughter up from school, taught them lessons about how to pack a snow ball and give it a flat trajectory

alp1950

Yup a couple of near misses but nothing serious.

Amused & touched by the concern shown by a teenage girl who as I passed told me earnestly that I really shouldn't be cycling in this weather. (She was probably right - at least not on a road bike TBH!).

Top Bottom